40 replies to this topic

#21 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Wow. While I think that this forum is a smidgen of its former self I still will defend it and Paula. Paula dosen't have to sit and monitor posts all day long and she damn sure dosen't need a scolding by some newby for posting well needed information. She probably just saved soneone from being stopped by the police (me) as I always drive the old road by choice. I don't even want a Sol at this point!

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Thanks DONO...it's over.  Just a little side show.

Glad the reminder helped out.

Now, get busy posting.   :D

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

TA deletions have practically never made the slightest bit of sense anyway.

#24 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

TA deletions have practically never made the slightest bit of sense anyway.

I've noticed the same thing about TA!  I have to travel for business some times (too many times!) & if I post anything negative about a hotel I stayed at, some times it gets deleted.  I post positive things about hotels & it's OK.  I use it to see where good hotels are when I have to travel for work.   If I haven't been to a particular town or part of a city I like to read other people's reviews before I book a room.  I've found I like some they didn't & other people have responded to me they liked a place I didn't.  It's just opinion & we all have them.  The older I get, the more I'm amused at the intolerance of others, myself included.  Life goes on...

This forum has a LOT of factual info.  There's a little "Search" box in the upper right corner that will pretty much get you to any topic you need.  If it's not there or the info is old, I ask.  Off topic, but since you brought it up...

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#25 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

As an old roadie cyclist and former cycling advocate (working in NYC educating motorists about sharing the road with bikes and working with the city government to promote cycling and removing barriers to same), I was very dismayed when Cozumel chose to segregate bikes from the main traffic flow. The decision was in reaction to a problem that required a totally different solution.

Usually, the first move of government is to establish a bicycle corridor. The second is to prohibit cyclists from using the primary traffic corridor when a bicycle path or lane is available. The fact that #2 didn't happen is both a good and bad thing. The bicycle road is under utilized and motorists are very much inconvenienced. On the good side, the city is complying with the State motor vehicle code, which lists bicycles as vehicles with all rights and privileges to use local roads, hence no regulation limiting cycling to the old road.

That bicycles are vehicles is the point to remember. Cyclists have rights to occupy a traffic lane same as the drivers of cars. They may ride two or three abreast in traffic. They should not operate their vehicles on the shoulder, which is dangerous positioning, unless it is safe and it is as a courtesy to the operators of other vehicles.

If I had a say, which I don't, I would recommend that the city return the old road to its former use and educate residents about sharing all roads with all of the different vehicles that are found here. It's a lovely piece of paradise for the enjoyment of all!

#26 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Drove south on the old road today.  Most of the signage on the road surface is gone.  There are some signs up, and the signs that show "do not turn left"  are mostly at the crossovers from the beach clubs

I did see one bicyclist using the bike lane today.  Of course, I also saw one scooter heading northbound as well. 

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#27 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Deb for City Council!!!

and some of the signs are parallel to the road, making them hard to notice. 

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#28 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

I deleted no posts.  Nor did Charles. And you're the only other moderator with The Power to do this, Pauala.  So I'm not sure how this could have happened?

We only delete nasty arguments, name calling spats and spam advertisements that somehow make it through the filters.

#29 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 12:34 PM

It's about TA...they have some madmen/women who are out for blood, and deleted this information, as well as causing huge amt of trouble with the information about hurricane shelters,  the list is endless.

Has nothing to do with any deletion here.

Gotta feel bad for the tourist who use that site.

Anonymous

#30 UNCLEDARYL

UNCLEDARYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:tequila, diving, tequila, Buffett, tequila

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

And that's why I for one no longer use that site.

#31 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:03 PM

my apologies for shooting my mouth off...guess I need to think more, react less.  It's been a tough couple of days trying to get safety info out there alone.

As long as "we" do a good job, that's the only thing that counts.

The info gets out there.  

Anonymous

#32 UNCLEDARYL

UNCLEDARYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:tequila, diving, tequila, Buffett, tequila

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Been a member for aonly a couple of hours now, but I am really excited about getting to post something without wondering if "the three" are gonna have it deleted.

#33 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

Welcome to the board

Anonymous

#34 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

What is it with TA?  Everything useful seems to get deleted.  I cannot figure it out!

#35 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Friend was stopped yesterday leaving the Money Bar.  The police are waiting.  Only a warning, no ticket.

Think they felt sorry for her, wet rowdy kids in the car!

Anonymous

#36 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:53 PM

You can't drive to the Money Bar?

#37 captain ronald

captain ronald

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:00 PM

Same question:  Was she trying to go north from the money bar?  South is ok if I'm right.  Guess I better bring some bribe money with me next week.

#38 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

she was heading north, which is restricted.

They really don't want you driving north, and you really don't want to.  There could be that lone cyclist out there, and there are some blind corners.

No bribes were required. Just take a crying baby with you!

Anonymous

#39 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Thats crazy. There's a lot of stuff down there.

#40 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

You can still drive south on the old road, you just have to cross over to the main road upon your return.

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users