6 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

For the next few weeks we didn't do much. Went around the island every other day and always stopped at Andalea's for a few drinks.

DSCF0546a_zps5a8f5445.jpg

Kentmorr Dave had another BBQ before leaving the island.

DSCF0547a_zps07f71c07.jpg

DSCF0548_zps35782a9f.jpg

We took Freddy' and his family out for the day. Stopped at Andalea's but the wind was to strong and the water to rough for the kids to swim.

DSCF0557a_zps612a2762.jpg

Went to Paradise Beach instead. It's free on Sundays but their prices are still high. $18 US for 5 beers.

DSCF0569a_zpsaffe971b.jpg

For dinner we went where Freddy works. Prailla Cozumel. It's where Riley's Tavern use to be. It's owned by Tim and his partner now. The food is good and fairly inexpensive. Everyone had the burgers which were excellent.

DSCF0571a_zps460a3d25.jpg

One day while shopping at Chedraui I spotted a piece of well marbled meat in their display case. I took a closer look at it turned out to be a whole slab of choice strip steaks. It was expensive at $303 pesos a kilo but I had to have them cut me 3 steaks at an inch and a half thick. We grilled them that evening at Greg's house. They turned out excellent.

DSCF0555a_zps78e0b3c7.jpg

We also cooked up some ribs later that week at Gregs'.

DSCF0577a_zps7a860594.jpg

DSCF0578a_zpse711cd55.jpg

Canadian Dave also had a BBQ at his house with great food.

DSCF0592a_zps03b936c8.jpg

I think everyone had a few drinks that evening.

DSCF0593a_zps5257fcba.jpg

#2 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Steve,

Can you give me address of where Freddy is working?  Last year a guy at Woody's said he was working at Mescalito's.  We drove out there and they said they didn't know him.  I'd sure like to visit w/him again.  Thanks!

David

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#3 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Nice report!  You had Gandalf with you?  :P

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

David...It's located on Salas between 10 th. and 15 th. in the middle of the block South side of street.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Loving your report Steve.

#6 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

David...It's located on Salas between 10 th. and 15 th. in the middle of the block South side of street.

Thanks Steve!  I'll file it on my computer w/my Cozumel addresses.  I was shocked when I found out he wasn't at Woody's.  I got a few of the details from another person of the circumstances per the change in bar ownership.

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#7 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

David...Freddy hasn't worked at Woody's since Greg sold or got rid of it.  He was working at a bar outside of town on the beach road when you head south. His wife worked at Wet Wendy's for quite a while. Depending on how long Parilla Cozumel stays in business he should be working there. They treat him fair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users