• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

We just recently purchased a condo near town (El Cantil) and need to spruce up the decorations.  

Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase some artificial plants and trees?

Thanks

Gary

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:05 PM

My first stop would be with Luh at Magic of Design.

I am sure someone else can chime in if they have seen anything of quality.  

http://www.themagicofdesign.com/

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

Thank you.  I see she has beautiful stuff. That will be great when we want (and can afford) to make drastic full room changes. The condo we purchased comes fully furnished and decorated.  Initially we want to just change out a few wall hangings that more suit our taste and add some artificial plants and trees to add some warmth. I was hoping that some place a block or two off the water front would have some artificial plants as a starter.  We will be arriving on July 21st for the closing and staying about 2 weeks this time.  So I need to be able to make some quick purchases.  We love Los Cincos Soles for wall hangings.  In fact our living room at home (Connecticut) is decorated with a lot of their stuff which we lugged home by airplane.  It will be fun shopping for the Condo and not having to worry about what will fit in the plane!

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

you are in luck.  June 28th and 29th Cinco Soles is having a BIG sale.  Some items are at 80% off.

During the summer they also have a big (seldom announced) sale on everything.

There is really nothing that I know that sells artificial plants within a block or so of the condo.  I would be surprised (ask Luh) to find anything on the island that would fit the bill.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

I am so glad that our condo was decorated by someone with better taste than me.  If it hadn't been furnished,. we would probably be on air mattresses.... :P

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#6 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

I am so glad that our condo was decorated by someone with better taste than me.  If it hadn't been furnished,. we would probably be on air mattresses.... :P

I know what you mean!  When we go out to eat I ask my wife what I'm going to wear.  Beats me walking into the living room and her saying, "You're not really wearing that, are you?"  ;)

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users