• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Does anyone know if Ched or Mega sell those fold up two wheeled grocery carts.  We will be stocking up on a lot of things, purchasing some replacement decorations, coffee maker, etc...Making frequent trips by foot.  Seems my first purchase should be one of those fold up carts!

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hey there, ScubaCPA

You can find the 2-wheeled carts down here, but they're pretty flimsy. I brought one down that I bought from the Container Store that is insulated. It's been great! Also, I'd recommend bringing down small appliances if you can. We brought down a Keurig, a slow cooker, pots & pans etc. You just won't find the same quality here. I will say, though, that while you're renting it will suffice. When you make the more permanent move, bring it with you.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

one of the best things I can recommend is to purchase an insulated carry bag with the outside made from a cloth cover. Mine is square, and  is quite tattered, and duct taped from the years of use.  They do not have those here.

I got mine from Albertson grocery store in the states.

You can buy reusable grocery bags here, but I like the ones I bought down with me.  They are square with a heavier cardboard base.  

Also, write your name on your cloth bags.  

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:50 PM

Bought a nice one on Amazon and bringing it with us still in the box as checked baggage.  Arriving on Sunday.  Let the shopping begin.

#5 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

We are bring down things like some hair dryers, a George Foreman Grill, binoculars, etc to leave at the condo.  Was thinking of bringing a Kuerig but just got done packing and there was just not enough room.

I hope that I can find a K-cup coffee maker and K-cups at Mega??   If I can't we will bring one on the next trip.

#6 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:10 AM

If you see one, grab it. Here today, not tomorrow. Same with shopping carts or coffee grinders. Lots of coffee beans, but a shortage of grinders one day and vice versa the next. Bringing the grinder this trip. Finally found the shopping cart, even though staff said they didn't have any. Bought two. One to replace the one that will surely end up missing just like the last one I left for thirty seconds on the sidewalk outside the house. Life and a sense of humour are both good.

#7 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

No k-cups at Mega or SAMs when we left the island the first week of June. I haven't even seen them at costco in Cancun. I brought a Wolfgang Puck coffee maker with a built in grinder and get beans from the coffee place on 65.

#8 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Have NEVER seen K-cups here. However, I have a Keurig and use the insert to use my own coffee. I buy the beans and grind them. It works great.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#9 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

When we were there in May I saw a display of some kind of single cup machine near the checkout at Mega. Not a Kuireg brand but some other. I think? Perhaps dreaming again. Guess I'll find out this afternoon when we arrive. (At airport now waiting for flight to Miami).

#10 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:42 AM

Mega and SAMs sell the Dolce Gusto.

#11 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

We have arrived.  Ended up buying the Dolce Gusto machine at Mega (when in Rome ...). 

#12 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

get beans from the coffee place on 65.

Which coffee place on 65a? Where along 65a?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users