Photo

Tell Me About The Hotel Boutique Vista Del Mar Hotel?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kc5tng

kc5tng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Professional Drummer/Vocalist - FCC licensed Amateur Extra Class amateur radio operator

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

While perusing the cost of hotels in Coz, I ran across the Hotel Boutique Vista del Mar which was by far the least expensive of any of the listed Hotels and according to the room pics, they seemed to be rather nice rooms, especially at the $39.00/night price.

Is this Hotel as nice as the pics portray and anyone have any negative comments about his hotel?

I know you're all jealous of me 'cause I can hear the "Voices" and you cant~!  Mwahahahaha

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

I was in the hotel, and the rooms once.  It was/is well used.

Have no idea why they would use the term " Boutique".  That implies something they are not.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

We've stayed there. It is a well-worn, good basic hotel. An ocean view room would be a bit more expensive, but a great view. The location is good, lots of stuff within walking distance. The hammock chairs on the balcony are very comfortable.

#4 kc5tng

kc5tng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Professional Drummer/Vocalist - FCC licensed Amateur Extra Class amateur radio operator

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

At the price of $39 USD per day - All we were really hoping for is a clean room with a good A/C unit and a reasonably comfortable bed  As long as its clean and the beds are reasonably comfortable, that would be acceptable as our reason for the trip is to get a feel for what life in Coz would be like...albeit a short 'view of life in coz'.  But between now and then, we can bug the rest of you nice folks for advice and info so when we do arrive, we will have a lot better idea of what to look for, look out for and what all the "Do Not Do actions" are, then the rest of it should be fun stuff.

I know you're all jealous of me 'cause I can hear the "Voices" and you cant~!  Mwahahahaha

#5 oldcozsalt

oldcozsalt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:diving, photography, love to snorkel in the ocean

Posted 12 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

I have stayed at Vista del Mar on many occasions and always found the staff to be very accommodating. Although it is an old hotel, it has always been very clean and is close to everything. The ocean view rooms are nice but may be somewhat noisy at times. The rooms facing away from the street and the ocean are much quieter and are larger and less expensive. There is a small pool that is nice that overlooks the busy courtyard in the back. It is not a 5 star hotel but is clean and conveniently located near just about everything. I did find it strange that on more than one occasion the taxi drivers did not know the location of the hotel although they probably drive by it many times each day. It is a small clean hotel. I last stayed there in October for five days.

#6 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:05 AM

We've stayed a VdM and looked at the rooms at the B.  This is sort of an apples and orange comparison.

VdM- Can be noisy from traffic on Melgar until 11 PM or so.  The balconies are nice as long as you turn off the AC so the heat doesn't blow on you.  The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are very small.  The plus is that you can walk to everywhere.  The pool overlooks a vendor area and is very small.  The people there were very nice.  No elevator if that is an issue.

The B has great snorkeling a really hip/cool patio and pool area.  The food is good, but the service can be spotty.  It's a $5 cab ride to town, so that is cheap.  The rooms are smallish, but they have balconies overlooking the water.  As they face west, these are the ones you want for the sunsets.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#7 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

VDM is my favorite to rent for watching Carnival.  It feels a little old, but it is nice.  For the price and location, it is pretty great.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#8 kc5tng

kc5tng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Sounds like our kinda place;  Clean, cheap and friendly - - my wife said that pretty much describes me :)

#9 zman96

zman96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

We have stayed there 4 times, and if a good budget hotel is what you seek this is a good place.  It has always been very clean and I like the coffee, rolls and juice delivered to your door each morning.  If you stay in the oceanview room, close the hurricane shutters at night and this will drown out most of the street noise. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is not and the door way to the bathroom has a low bridge and I almost knocked myself out one night and for once it wouldn't have been too many Sols and margaritas.  The AC works very well and the beds are typical Mexican hard(not overly hard like Hotel Cozumel).  The staff is always very friendly and as willing to help if needed.  This is still our go to place if we are staying in town. 

#10 mrtrvlman

mrtrvlman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Been Coming To Cozumel Since1975 Mostly For The Diving. Wanting To Retire And spend Some Portion Of Every Year In Cozumel. Hoping To Find Inexpensive Small Rental For Mrs Smith And Myself In Walking Distance To Most Of San Miguel.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

Nice little bar in the vendor area

#11 John I

John I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

I've stayed at this hotel several times including during our honeymoon in '04 - free rolls juice/coffee to your door every morning, convenient to everything in town - not the Ritz, and definitely not a "resort" hotel, but very nice for those who aren't "exacting".

John

#12 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

I have stayed at Vista del Mar on many occasions and always found the staff to be very accommodating. Although it is an old hotel, it has always been very clean and is close to everything. The ocean view rooms are nice but may be somewhat noisy at times. The rooms facing away from the street and the ocean are much quieter and are larger and less expensive. There is a small pool that is nice that overlooks the busy courtyard in the back. It is not a 5 star hotel but is clean and conveniently located near just about everything. I did find it strange that on more than one occasion the taxi drivers did not know the location of the hotel although they probably drive by it many times each day. It is a small clean hotel. I last stayed there in October for five days.

Probably 'selective memory' since the hotel most likely does not offer any 'finders fees' to the taxi drivers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users