Photo

The Legend Of Búcanos Has Being Kill By Mosquitos.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:16 PM

Well the legend of búcanos is dead, long gone aré the days of waiting days for a reservation, yesterday we book at 6:00 pm for a table for 8:00 p.m. The food was good as always, but the eternal problema remains, even with off at the table and a smoking repelent at the table my family was literaly eaten by them (mosquitoes)..too bad the legend of búcanos is being killer by mosquitoes...

#2 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

We had dinner there Saturday night and didn't get bit.  Our meals were excellent.

The place was pretty full at 7 PM when we were there.  Ann did say there is an issue with Open Table, their reservation service they are trying to fix..

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

#3 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

I understand about the mosquitos. I go every Friday night and enjoy every meal I've ever had. I am one of those people who are mosquito magnets, though. I take my own repellant that is 40% DEET and don't have much of a problem. I also make a point to sit under the palapa, under a fan. That seems to be a much less frequented spot of the mosquitos.

I would encourage you to not give up on Buccano's. Yes, July & August are the worst for mosquitos. Just know that and plan ahead. ;)

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#4 Regiomontano

Regiomontano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hola Kandy, dont get me wrong, i Will never give up on búcanos, but it really saddens me that the people i talk about it ( islanders and not islanders ) the mayor tópic is the mosquitoes and not the quality of the food.

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 627 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

Ha!  The Mosqies have always sucked there at night.  Even in May.  I always drench myself in Deet before I go.  The Mahi was worth it.

I can't say that I would hate it if I didn't need to make a reservation......................

#6 Skibum

Skibum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

Trucks going by the house tonight, and the other night as well. They are trying, but expecting to not have insects on a island and saying it is killing a restaurant is bit dramatic, no?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users