• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tim972

Tim972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:54 AM

New to this forum, I'm looking for a 2 bedroom long term rental apartment beginning in June, we have been coming to Cozumel on average 6-8 weeks out of the year for the last 8 years and have decided that the next step for us is to rent something long term and be able to pop in and out for several weeks a month. we are looking for something with a pool, A/C, furnished, and close centro, Our plans are to try before you buy
I've seen one in particular (apartment Casitas) does anyone have an opinion or have any other suggestion? Thanks in advance!! any help would be greatly appreciated

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:56 PM

Not familiar with apartments Casita. Have you a website or street coordinates and we can at least give you our impression of the location.

#3 Tim972

Tim972

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 02:06 PM

the address for DEPARTAMENTOS CASITAS is 11 Av. entre 20 y 25 Av. Col. Centro. I believe it should be about 6 blocks east of Margaritaville

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

I think that's the old Day's Inn, isn't it? Anyway, good location although if you're right on the street it will stay noisy late into the night. Don't rent anything sight unseen, needless to say. Depending on the time of year you're planning to come, you should find quite a few available places. Many won't rent for less than 3 months, however.

#5 enjoycozumel

enjoycozumel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:10 PM

Hi Carey - feel free to send me an email to pawel@enjoycozumel.com. I have an apt in mind downtown that you might be interested in.

#6 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

I am not certain, but I believe those are on the north side of calle 11, across from whatever they call the Days Inn now. It might have been a part of Days Inn, back when La Retranca 24 hours was still on the corner of 30th and 11. I looked at them a couple years back from the sidewalk. It appeared there had been no significant upgrades to back since tourism actually boomed during high season, back when there was a high season that lasted six months.

Any place of that age would need to have been near gutted and completely redone for me to want to live there. Too many potential problems with MOLD, not to mention wiring and plumbing issues. Nearly new appliances, furniture and bedding an absolute must. It does not count as new if it is ten years old, but only had four weeks of service.

Starting in the summer time you'll be looking at electric bills of a couple hundred a month most likely running the AC and then pools require maintenance. It was seldom easy to find two bedroom apartments, lots of singles or houses with 3-4 bedrooms. Anything of any age, make sure you see it in the afternoon on a hot sunny day. It might be nice to recheck it at around 10:00PM and see if it is still getting hotter.

Your most likely area will be around Corpus Christi, AKA Gringo Gulch. Lots of houses for sale and places that were intended for rental income that were poorly planned pipe dreams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users