• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Besides Hotel Cozumel, what is the next closest AI to town?

Cindy

#2 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

Park Royal is not that long of a walk into town.

#3 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Cozumel Palace = in town or the edge of downtown

#4 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

Cozumel Palace would be the next one.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#5 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:50 PM

The question is, why would you WANT an AI close to town? A large part of the draw of Cozumel is the number and variety of good restaurants, in every price range and with various cuisines. Being close to town is great primarily because it is so easy to walk to town to sample all of those great restaurants. IF I was going to do the All-Inclusive Resort thing (I don't have anything against them, and AI is clearly the way to go in a number of destinations - just not Cozumel, IMO), I'd be more inclined to check out the far South AI Resorts. At least there you have a big beach right in front of the Hotel and you are very close to the Dive Sites. FWIW, I have stayed at Hotel Cozumel with the AI (it was part of a ScubaBoard Invasion), and while I think the Hotel is nice, great pool, big comfortable rooms, good AC, I would NOT do the AI there - the food is TERRIBLE. I've heard that the food is much better at the Cozumel Palace, but that's one of the more expensive AIs, and for personal reasons I won't go there.

#6 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

The question is, why would you WANT an AI close to town? A large part of the draw of Cozumel is the number and variety of good restaurants, in every price range and with various cuisines. Being close to town is great primarily because it is so easy to walk to town to sample all of those great restaurants. IF I was going to do the All-Inclusive Resort thing (I don't have anything against them, and AI is clearly the way to go in a number of destinations - just not Cozumel, IMO), I'd be more inclined to check out the far South AI Resorts. At least there you have a big beach right in front of the Hotel and you are very close to the Dive Sites. FWIW, I have stayed at Hotel Cozumel with the AI (it was part of a ScubaBoard Invasion), and while I think the Hotel is nice, great pool, big comfortable rooms, good AC, I would NOT do the AI there - the food is TERRIBLE. I've heard that the food is much better at the Cozumel Palace, but that's one of the more expensive AIs, and for personal reasons I won't go there.

No, my question is; Besides Hotel Cozumel, what is the next closest AI to town? 

Cindy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users