• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Just sitting here on August 11 and realized that our next trip is October 11th - 18th - 2 months from today. I think this is either our 15th or 16th year in a row and about the 12th at Coral Princess. We certainly have seen many changes over the years especially after Wilma, but the one constant that stands out - the one thing that we look forward to each year is the friendliness and warmth of the people. Both the local native Cozumelenos ( sic ) and the others who live and work here. Well that is in addition to....... the beautiful weather, amazing blue water, great restaurants, talented musicians, native customs and the overall laid back attitude. :-)

If anyone else here on CMC is visiting that week, give me a shout and the first drink is on me at Wet Wendy's on Sunday night.

Come on October 11 - get here soon !

Mike

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Not sure WW's is open on Sunday.  Woody's will be open, might be an option for you.

Have always loved the CP.  That's where we put up friends and family.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 bulsaros

bulsaros

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Glasgow Rangers Football Club

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Hi Mike, myself and my good lady will be down on the 8th of Oct for 14 nights, we would be happy to share a cold cerveza or 3 with you, as the above poster said w/w is closed on a Sunday perhaps Woody's could be an alternative. 45 days and counting :-)

#4 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

@ bulsaros - sounds good  - possibly even the No Name Sports Bar across the street from Mega.  I will post again when we get closer to Oct 11th.

We are both from Michigan so might have things to talk about.  Mike

#5 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:43 AM

Note to Bulsaros....... Lets meet at the No Name Sports Bar across from Mega on Sunday night around 8PM. I will be wearing a Detroit Tigers cap. Sadly my Tigers are no longer in the baseball playoffs.

#6 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Not to butt in - but from previous contacts with each of you - I think you live within 20 miles of each other here in Michigan.  You should meet at the Hartland wendys.  It not wet, but it is a wendy's.

#7 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

Hey Dan - Don't you live close by as well? We could have a Cozumel reunion of sorts.

Mike

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:58 AM

Sunday, Oct 12 (unless it rains) a FREE symphonic orchestra concert at 6PM at the Palacio

Also, if you're a birdwatcher, birds are migrating:http://www.dqr.com.m...a-la-cita-anual

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#9 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the info on the Orchestra concert. With the old plaza under construction, are most of the activities moved to the Palacio?

Looking forward to next week and trying not to look at long range weather.

Mike

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:24 PM

That's the only place left to do performances and events.

Over the past couple of years the Palacio has become more of the focal point for performances, concerts, displays.

Anonymous

#11 DanB

DanB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Interests:Dan:history/culture;scuba diving;photography;music; Claudia:artist

Posted 08 October 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hey Dan - Don't you live close by as well? We could have a Cozumel reunion of sorts.

Mike

Yep!  I'm in Ann Arbor.  We are all probably within 20 miles of a mid point.  I'm up for a meet and greet when you guys get back.  My last trip was a month long journey thru the Yucatan ending up in Cozumel.  Next trip is a 2-weeker in May.

#12 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:22 PM

@ Dan - Someplace in Novi or Farmington Hills. seems about right.

#13 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

Just sitting here on August 11 and realized that our next trip is October 11th - 18th - 2 months from today. I think this is either our 15th or 16th year in a row and about the 12th at Coral Princess. We certainly have seen many changes over the years especially after Wilma, but the one constant that stands out - the one thing that we look forward to each year is the friendliness and warmth of the people. Both the local native Cozumelenos ( sic ) and the others who live and work here. Well that is in addition to....... the beautiful weather, amazing blue water, great restaurants, talented musicians, native customs and the overall laid back attitude. :-)

If anyone else here on CMC is visiting that week, give me a shout and the first drink is on me at Wet Wendy's on Sunday night.

Come on October 11 - get here soon !

Mike

TWO DAYS AWAY!!

#14 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:47 PM

@CGrover - Sunday night at No Name Sports Bar. Around 8 PM. I'll be the guy in the Detroit Tigers cap.

#15 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 10 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

Paula and others

As I was driving to get my hair cut yesterday, I had a very bright lightbulb go off in my head while I sat at a traffic light. I looked to my right and thought, what a BEAUTIFUL place for the typical downtown activities to move to! The park across the street from the Corpus Christi church is much like the downtown park without the shops. Gorgeous trees, a gazebo for the band, walkways, lots of benches. Why doesn't anything happen there? I would absolutely go!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#16 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 11 October 2014 - 10:19 AM

Things do happen there. Just not as much as at the old Parque Benito Juárez.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users