• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 johnsand

johnsand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:09 PM

New here…..first post. From Cincy Ohio.  :)

We've been to Coz MANY times years ago. Always stayed at El Cozumeleno and had GREAT visits there. One thing…..I personally LOVE walking on the beach. On soft white fluffy sand. ANy suggestions where to stay that would have the beach to walk on? 

THANKS!!!!

#2 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

Are you wanting a hotel? Playa Azul on the north end of the island has beach area. There is also Residencias Reef on the south end of the island.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#3 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

Stayed at the Cozumeleno about four years ago when our place at Park Royal was booked. Meal for an AI definitely in a lower culinary category, and problems with little insects in the sand (sand fleas??) virtually sucked the blood out of my lower legs..not pleasant...apparently nothing they could do. Fortunately only a few days until our place at Park Royal opened up. The beach at Park Royal is much, much smaller (well maintained) but the poolside bar is much larger. Also a nice hiking distance to town. After 15 years renting, decided to buy in town. Renting in town is also going to be a bigger option for visitors, particularly if more of "las playas cerca del centro" come to fruition.

#4 YoloCoz

YoloCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

Hey John,

Depending on other ideals of your vacation (i.e. staying close to town, snorkeling, etc...) The Secrets Aura or sister resort Sabor, (Next door to each other far south of town) both have a great sand beach for walking on. Once you step in the water though it is coral bottom with good to really good snorkeling. Secrets = expensive with Sabor being the slightly less expensive option. Far from town though....

#5 ScubaCPA

ScubaCPA

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

The Occidental Allegro and Occidental Grand both have very nice walk in type beaches.  I have stayed at both (in fact we own a timeshare at the Allegro*) many times.  To me the beach is better at the Allegro but the overall amenities are better at the Grand (which is why it is more expensive).

* which I now need to get rid of since we just recently purchased a condo at El Cantil.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BEACH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users