• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boognish

Boognish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:32 PM

Does anyone have a favorite bar? Live music? bar food? cheap good drinks? good atmosphere? If so I would like to learn about these types of places, cause thats what i like, not loud techno club places.

#2 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:27 PM

I like Money Bar Fri-sun live band really good. they have happy hour and great food not really cheap but huge portions.
Also La Palapita across from Papa Hogs. Not sure about live music.
Wet Wendy's no music the best drinks on the island and great food
Hope that helps
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#3 jenster101

jenster101

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:20 AM

Playa Azul on Sunday afternoons is our favorite place to be. Sitting ocean side listening to Aquino's band.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 12 February 2010 - 06:40 AM

Those are all great rec.'s I would add that La Palapita en Media has live music and salsa classes on Friday and Saturday nights at least -- maybe more. If you want to catch the true local scene -- where young Mexicans go to blow off steam when they get off work, take a waltz along the downtown waterfront starting at midnight -- or later -- particularly on Friday, Sat or Sunday nights. That's when the latest places they like for drinks and socializing will be open and hopping. And there will almost always be dancing involved.

Mexicans keep very different hours than many people from other cultures are used to. They eat and dance and socialize on Sundays with family. But when they're in party mode, things never get revved up much earlier than midnight and can easily still be kicking up at 5 AM the next morning. The secret is taking a siesta and awaking fresh and ready for a night on the town.

Have fun and if you come up with any spots you like, would you try to remember to post what you found out? It would help other people and be greatly appreciated.

#5 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:26 PM

We like La Palapita too and next door to that is La Hach....good sunsets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users