17 replies to this topic

#1 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Sailing, Scuba, Motorcycles

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:55 AM

Its another lot that might work if I knew where the heck it is ??
So does someone here know where this would be ??
PUEBLO NUEVO, Calle Be No Jol (2) esquina con calle Be La Kin (2). Col. Pueblo Nuevo

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

Richard, try using Goggle Earth to cruise around the island. They have updated the maps for the city, and north end of the island.

As for finding out who owns what property. It is somewhat of a difficult process, takes about 3 days, 2 different windows for documents, plus a small fee.

Good luck

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

I will try Earth Search again . In The past yesterday and today it didn't recognize my request.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:37 AM

It appears from what I can see from the satilite map, it is the old "Ghost Town".

The land is cheap, but it has NO POWER...

There used to be power back, years ago, but the only way you can go now is through solar, and generator.

When the owner of Mariposa Estates ran power back to all the 5 acres lots here (7 years ago) it was over $100K.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 TRAVELER89

TRAVELER89

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:45 AM

PUEBLO NUEVO is just south of the International Pier, on the jungle side, across from the calita inland(1.25 miles in).

Found this for you.....: Transition areas - Rural & suburban & semi-populated, Transversal road, Cedral (suburban town located 10 miles south of Downtown), Mariposa Estates and PUEBLO NUEVO, are rural/suburban settlements that in most cases have scattered residential development. The common denominator is the lack of infrastructure and services, many of which, if present, have been supplied directly by Owners who have settled in those areas. Seclusion and contact with nature and underpriced lots are the upsides to these settlements. Lack of infrastructure and services, plus distance from downtown are the downsides.

Just did a Google search for PUEBLO NUEVO Cozumel. On Google Earth, look inland from the El Presidente Hotel.

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:55 AM

I read the same site you did, and it is quite obviousness they are uninformed!

Just to be clear...MARIPOSA ESTATES HAS THE INFRASTRUCTURE...we have had power here for 7 years, we have garbage collection, we have security, garner and an HOA.

We have 5 lots left of 31, we have two new homes under construction now, which joins what is already here, with more to come.

In addition, the lots can be subdivided.

I don't want to sound like I am putting out a sales pitch for ME, but we do love it here, and when misinformation by "professionals" is put out as facts, I will try to be informative.

Anonymous

#7 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

The members of this board are very informative and often have answers for even the most difficult and obscure question very quickly...

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:52 PM

that's because we LIVE here.

Most folks on this board have some investment...financial, or emotional to the Island.

The last thing anyone wants to see is a mistake made, when it didn't have too.

I will say, my husband Greg, has the most spectacular house listed in the Ghost Town...completely off the grid.

Anonymous

#9 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

Coz2 you have a PM......
Yes by all means for these and many other types of questions having feet on the ground, helps immensely..
I did find out who owns that piece in question and he has owned it about 20 years maybe longer... Now would he like to sell it? Does he want the world for it $$$$$$? Not worth that BTW well not to me .. But next trip down I may just knock on his door... and ask him...

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

Richard, for some reason I am unable to reply to your PM.

The answer to your question....380K

Anonymous

#11 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

Thank You Coz2 it did go through in the end ....

#12 Kathie C

Kathie C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

Was that 380K DOLLARS? or PESOS?
Finding it a little difficult to follow that thread. Does it or does it not have electricity run to that area?

#13 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

It would be US dollars..."K" means thousand(s).

example;
$10K-$10,000
$20K-$20,000
$380K-$380,000 thousand dollars.

Most everything here, especial with real estate will be in US Dollars.

Second question you asked "does it have electrics"...I am going to assume you are asking about "PUEBLO NUEVO"

The answer is: NO, it does NOT have electricity, may never have electricity, unless someone would be willing to pay for the infrastructure costs...BIG BUCKS!

Anonymous

#14 Kathie C

Kathie C

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

Thanks! that clears it up!

#15 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

Just for the sake of general pricing info, what is the approximate size of that $380,000 lot? It's not on the ocean, right? Doesn't have any infrastructure. So it's got to be a huge piece they're hoping to sell to someone who wants to do a subdivision??

#16 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 10:23 AM

The house, and lot I was referring in the Ghost Town is for sale at the price point of $389K), (I did a rounding down error).

This is the house, which is completely off the grid.

http://www.cozumelen...w&listingID=195

Lot prices are all over the board. You just have to do a search on any of the real estate websites.

Please understand, I am NOT TROLLING...My reply is strictly to answer the question...it's unprofessional to TROLL!

Anonymous

#17 Richard W

Richard W

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Carey I think...... the piece I was questioning at the time, was one of numerous lots up north by the Old Country Club Estates Cobble Stone Road......Far North End. I am really not sure any more. I have looked at sooooo many lots and homes .. If its the piece I think it was ? I called and found out that Electric is in, but no city water or sewer or roads..
We're just sitting and enjoying the summer, where we are and ... thinking..... This IMHO needs to be my Last Move..
So many issues are in transition in Mexico. Immigration from The New rules about FMT to FMM FM3 and FM2 and , add to that, what your legally able to bring across the border Now. Add the New Federal Banking laws ( this month) concerning the transfer and exchange of US funds. How much if any of that will or would effect us? Just getting a yearly slip price at either of the two Marina's is like pulling teeth... What The Heck is with that? North Point Marina One of the Biggest Fresh Water Marinas in the USA has all the prices listed on their website as well do, another 15 or more Marinas in the area... Not So On Cozumel........

#18 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:00 PM

Richard, you had asked about "PUEBLO NUEVO, Calle Be No Jol (2) esquina con calle Be La Kin (2). Col. Pueblo Nuevo". That is also known as the Ghost Town.

Which is where the property I posted is located. There are some agents that have lots listed for about $16K or so...

Up north, yes there are lots available, and some do have electricity now. As for the sewer system...one choice, which isn't very good, but some beach front property have to do it, is to have two tanks, and you have to have it pumped out.

Not sure if you can put in a septic system the area north, where the old cobble stone streets are.

As for the new Marina...who knows.

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users