• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:42 PM

That's right, a Carl's Jr is opening at the Royal Village Plaza across from the International Pier.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Well thank goodness for that.....

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Just what is needed.  The Mexicans are beating the US in obesity and diabetes which is pretty sad, but it is their country and their choice.  They have the right to crappy fast food if they want it!

#4 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:59 AM

Carl's isn't being located where it is to attract the Mexican clientele.  IMHO, it's to attract the Cruiser who doesn't understand why they are on a cruise in the first place!

Skip (aka: VideoVern)

VideoVern (aka: Skip)

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

#5 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

I've got to agree with VideoVern. While it's clear the Domino's, McDonald's and Burger King are there for islanders, it seems more apparent that the Carl's Jr. is there for cruise ship passengers.

#6 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:54 AM

That is very true about who the target audience is, except that there are many hotel workers, taxi guys/gals dock workers, employees of the pier, cruise ship employees, who will also be able to stop in for a quick bite.

Chi's however does close when the cruisers leave.  Subway which is in a new building just down from Chi's is very popular with the locals coming and going south of centro as well as some cruise folks, and cruise employee.

There is a very popular hole in the wall restaurant that serves all types of Asian foods, and Indonesian.  That place is mobbed by the cruise ship employees.

There really is much more activity south of central then you might realize.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#7 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

I am sure there is.  we always just drive thru that area as safely and quickly as possible.

I feel sorry for anyone who comes to cozumel on a cruise and eats at carls instead of the gazillion great places with ambiance and wonderful local food.  They must be the same ones that keep getting ripped off by the jewelry stores and are so shocked when they get home and have their jewels looked at.

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

when I was a guest here, I bought lots of jewelry.  Never got ripped off.  You really have to know what you are doing, to buy quality jewelry.

Easy to find on the internet.  Know your 4c's and how to use a loop.

If I wanted to purchase higher end silver the only person  I would trust, it would be Sergio's.   Cinco Soles does a nice job on the low end stuff.

You just cant cheap out on quality.  If it sounds to good to be true, it is.

I am sure I will stop at Carl's at least once.  It's bee a couple of years since I have had a Big Mac.  I also don't eat off the vendors carts...

Anonymous

#9 CGrover

CGrover

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Diving, mtn biking, relaxing on a beach

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:08 AM

I am sure I will stop at Carl's at least once.  It's bee a couple of years since I have had a Big Mac.  I also don't eat off the vendors carts...

Carl's has Big Mac's also?  I thought that was a McDonald's thing.

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

I am sure they don't.  I never ate at Carl's, so it will be fun to try.

I also haven't had a Big Mac either.

Anonymous

#11 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:56 PM

Try the Mushroom Swiss burger and the hand breaded chicken tenders. Get the honey mustard dipping sauce. Hardee's/Carl's Jr is our favorite FF resto NOB. I think it will be a nice change for expats, though the tourists will be missing out if they eat at Carl's rather than taking advantage of all the fantastic places on the island.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users