• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 amocksun

amocksun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hello all! I've asked about this before I think, but I really have my plans narrowed down now. We'll be on the island next week for a day on our honeymoon. We are going to rent a car or get a cab (advice welcome) and go see San Gervasio. After that, we really want to go to one of those beach parties with snorkeling and hammocks and whatnot. I can find some through Carnival, but they all end early, and we wanted to see San Gervasio first. Is there one through a resort or anything that goes later than 6? And what time will it be getting dark? If it gets dark later, should we just do a party first? Sorry for the indecisiveness, I just really want to make the best of our time there!

#2 lsr3

lsr3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

I would say that "beach parties" are usually part of a shore excursion purchased from the cruise ships. There are plenty of "beach clubs" along the southern beaches that offer food and drinks as well as snorkeling etc. Carlos and Charlies has a beach club that offers the drunken party atmosphere and the bar sits just a few yards off the beach. I have never been there when it was full of cruisers, but I would imagine the music would be cranked up and plenty of dancing available. Places like this tend to close about the same time that most of the cruise ships leave.

As for the ruins, if you take a cab, make sure he waits there for you, this will cost more of course. I'm not too sure how east it would be to get a cab back unless yours waited. Car rental is available at the cruise ship pier, and is not too expensive. Just make sure you get the full, no deductible liability insurance. Having a car would make it easy to get down to the beach clubs after you tour the ruins.

#3 ez_stop1

ez_stop1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:08 PM

http://www.timeandda...omy.html?n=1235

Here's a sunrise/sunset chart for Cozumel for the next week or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users