• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 minnesota nice

minnesota nice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

We will be in paradise later in January for a week stay and I am wondering if anyone has stayed or has any information on the Villa Mayaluum? I have been by it many times and it looks nice in the internet but there are not many current reviews out there. Any help would be great! Thanks in advance...

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:34 PM

I'm sure the place itself will be very nice and for a week or two might just fit the bill.  I think it may be a bit noisy at least half the week as there are two very popular bars with live music right across the street and the music will typically be going until as late as 3 AM.  So prepare to go over and join in the fun or bring good earplugs.

In the AM early you may encounter some noise from dive tanks clanging as the staff at the nearby dive shops prepare to take peeps out for the morning sessions.

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'd be suprised if they have any openings. I am on the island for February, March, and April and many of my friends stay at heh Mayaluum for the season so I spend a lot of time there. It's a great place at a reasonable price but you do have to pay for electricity. It can get a bit noisy if you get the first few units on the street but otherwise it is fine. The units are clean and the kitchen has just about everything you need. They have a nice pool and an outdoor area with a BBQ and washrooms. The place has a loyal following and if you can get a unit I would go for it. There is plenty of parking and you can only get in through an electric gate with the pass code. The people that stay there are friendly and the owner is very nice. If I didn't rent a house I would stay there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users