Residente Temporal Visa Permit Fees:
–  1 year => $3,519 pesos
–  2 years => $5,272 pesos
–  3 years => $6,678 pesos
–  4 years => $7,914 pesos

Regularization Fee: (Plus fines) => $1,124 pesos

Change Fees:
~ Changing from Residente Temporal to Residente Permanent => $1,124 pesos
~ The fee for family members or spouses to change from Visitante (tourist) to Residente
=> $1,124 pesos
~ Work permission change fee (from non-working temporary resident) => $2,642 pesos

Residente Permanent:  Visa cost => $4,289 pesos

Lost / Stolen / Damaged Document Replace​ment Fee:  $1,083 pesos

Permission to leave while document in process: (Travel Letter) $360 pesos

Document link:  http://yucalandia.co...ees-for-mexico/

proper attribution:YucaLandia/Surviving Yucatan. ©Steven M. Fry

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

There is no multi-year temp. resident.

Cozumel Diving

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

There is no multi-year temp. resident.

Everything I've heard suggests that's the practical reality. However, the law does specify that an applicant for temporary residency may request up to 4 years at the time of application.

#4 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:40 AM

Laws, regulations and reality here are often quite different. Always have been. I was addressing the reality part of the equation.

Cozumel Diving

#5 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 11:53 AM

Was there ever multi year Temp residency, or for that matter perm residency?  When we had our FM2 we had to renew yearly.  Guess I don't understand.

Enlighten me, please.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#6 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:25 PM

The only people that can enlighten you on this subject, are the people @ INM and frankly I doubt if any of them could explain it, in a manner that made any sense. Multi-year temp. res., has been on the books since day one, of the status change. It has never been honored here. You have lived here for quite a while. I am sure that that you know the ways of the island, regarding Cozumel vs every other locale in Mexico. 

Cozumel Diving

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:50 PM

Thanks Mike.  In all my years of renewing FM's 3 (5 years) then 2's (5 years) then to perm, I was NEVER granted multi-year anything.  Not sure were this came from?

Anonymous

#8 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

This is newer than FM-anything. The new residency law that created the current Residente Temporal status included a provision whereby an applicant can request that status for up to 4 years before a renewal or change in status is needed. As far as I can tell, it doesn't say whether such requests must be honored or much else about it. I've heard of people getting multi-year temporary residency under the current law in some other places but never here.

And, yes, permanent residency has always been multi-year... ;)

#9 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:49 AM

I am speaking of the new law. But whatever. I am just trying to give the correct information so people won't waste their time on something that is not going to happen. Yes, it says on the website, that you can have a multi-year pass. Here on the island they will not do it.  Don't get the importance of a conversation regarding what  is on a website vs the reality of the situation. You can spend the next month and a day pointing out that on the INM website, it states that you can get a muti-year document for temp res.. It will not change the fact that it is not going to happen.

Several weeks ago there was a post about paying taxes. It had the dates for the discounts. I along with a number of people ended up going down there based on this info. When we finally got to our turn we were told that the dates we had were wrong. Lot of people wasted their time over that.  IMHO, the only thing worse that no information, is bad information. 

Cozumel Diving

#10 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Interesting, but it has nothing to do with the reality here.

Anonymous

#11 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Thanks again to Mark for talking me out of the temporal!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#12 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Interesting, but it has nothing to do with the reality here.

Given that, might it make sense to edit your post that started the thread and just remove the references to 2-, 3-, and 4-year temporary residency fees?

#13 CZMDM

CZMDM

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:08 AM

FYI: perm. res has no expiration. On the other hand, INM has admitted that many people, on the island, who received perm. res. should not have received them and they have revoked the perm residency of several people, re-entering Mexico both here on the island and in Cancun, based on the fact that they are not truly perm. residents. I personally don't know anyone who this has happened to, but I received this information from people at INM, immigration lawyers and legal aids who help with immigration.

Cozumel Diving

#14 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

The cost per year increases as an incentive for people to get their Perm residency.  Why would I delete what immigration put out there?  To my knowledge there is no multi-year temp residency being used by Cozumel INM.

Anonymous

#15 lovecoz

lovecoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

There is a 4 year temporal visa, however it is not offered by our local INM here in Cozumel.  People I know did ask for it in November and were told:

We do not do this here in Cozumel. However on the www.inm.gob.mx site it is clearly indicated that there is a 4 year  Residente temporal visa.

http://www.inm.gob.m...hos_Migratorios

#16 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

and therefore, I am NOT going to change the post, because it has nothing to do with how things work in Cozumel.  

Anonymous

#17 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:38 PM

The cost per year increases as an incentive for people to get their Perm residency.  Why would I delete what immigration put out there?  To my knowledge there is no multi-year temp residency being used by Cozumel INM.

The cost per year DECREASES for permit durations of longer than one year.

According to the fees listed in the original post, for one year, it's $3,519 per year. For 2 years, it's $2,636 per year. For 3 years, it's $2,226 per year. For 4 years, it's $1,978.50 per year.

This is one of the big reasons people want the multi-year permits. The other, of course, is to minimize the annual renewal hassle and paperwork.

and therefore, I am NOT going to change the post, because it has nothing to do with how things work in Cozumel.  

That was exactly my point. Since it seems pretty clear that the multi-year temporary residencies aren't a reality in Cozumel, might it not just confuse things to list costs for the (essentially non-existent) 2-, 3-, and 4-year temporary residency permits when the only one that anyone is really ever going to deal with is a one-year temporary residency?

#18 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

okay, I THINK I understand what each of us are talking about.

Your saying that the 1 up to 4 years TR visa is not available to those who are process through Cozumel-I agree with that.

My thinking was that each year that is listed is the cost per year to process a TR visa.

Just clarify that one or the other is our collective understand.

I'll delete the thread, because it's not relevant to what the process is here.  

Anonymous

#19 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

My thinking was that each year that is listed is the cost per year to process a TR visa.

No, those are the costs for 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, or 4 years just like it says - you posted it correctly. It's not "1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, 4th year".

Everything else in the initial post is relevant to Cozumel except for the costs for multi-year temporary residence permits.

#20 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

my head hurts!!!!!

Okay, will leave it stand, with the understanding that Cozumel does not offer multi-year Temp Visa's.  

Asprin, please!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users