• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cufetz

Cufetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:39 PM

Hoping someone can help me find a contact number for a specific taxi operator. We travel to Cozumel yearly and have used a specific driver, but tried to contact him the other day about an upcoming trip and the number didn't work. We have a daughter in a motorized wheelchair and he knows exactly what our needs are. His name is Miguel Fuentes and his taxi number is 385.maybe a contact number for the operators Union if nothing else.thanks.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

The taxi call numbers are: 987 872 -- 0041, 0236, 8771 and 5770.  You should be able to find Miguel by calling one of these.  He may or may not be driving the same taxi number.  Many taxi drivers take turn shifts on one taxi and if he is not the owner of the cab, he may switch to different ones at different times.

It will be very helpful if you speak some Spanish or can get someone who does to assist you with these calls.  Some taxistas speak excellent English.  Most of the time, however, the dispatcher do not.  If you can't get someone to help you with the Spanish, say Necessito hablar a una persona que habla inglais.  I need to speak to someone who speaks English.  Neh-seh-SEE toh ab-LAR ah OON-ah per-SO-nuh kay AB-la een-GLACE.

If I were you, I'd wait until you get to Cozumel and have the concierge at your hotel or  your property manager at a vacation rental make that call for you as early as possible in your trip.  Or perhaps you could arrange to have this done for you in advance by the staff at whatever accommodations you are staying at.

Do remember that a taxi driver cannot pick you up on airport grounds.  They can deliver you TO the airport but only private cars, rental cars and the shuttle vans can pick up incoming passengers.

#3 Cufetz

Cufetz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

Thanks so much for the info. My husband has a Mexican colleague who can interface. Miguel owns his own taxi and always picks us up at the airport. He has a van with a lift and so is allowed to.one year we didn't get in touch with him ahead of time and he was on an all day fare, we ended up in another wheelchair accessible van with fixed seating and rode to the resort with my daughter in the back with the doors open-SCARY! Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users