6 replies to this topic

#1 barnacle

barnacle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, diving, golf

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

I was wondering if someone could comment on the "'playing conditions" of the golf course there on Cozumel.  What are the greens like?  Are there any golf leagues?  How much is a green fee and how much is the cart rental?  Can you buy a membership or is it strictly pay as you play?  Is there a driving range?  Practice facility?

#2 Skibum

Skibum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Course is in very good shape - way better than last year. Greens are much faster than previous months as there has not been a lot of rain, and they can cut them daily. Skins every Friday at 2:30 or 3:00 depending on sunset. There is a range and a chipping area and putting green. Membership (annual) I believe is 3K single 5K couple. Daily rate I don't know...

#3 SunnyFW

SunnyFW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

Leave Your Clubs at Home 

Monday through Saturday, before 8 a.m. and all day on Sunday. 

$99 USD package includes:

• 18-hole green fee
  • Cart
  • Use of Nike clubs 

Public rate

• $134 USD per person, including shared cart, before 1:30 p.m.
  • $89 USD per person, including shared cart, beginning at 1:30 p.m. 

#4 obispo

obispo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:almost anything

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Is the Cozumel Country Club course the only golf course on Cozumel?  I tried to get tee times on line for it, but a message came up indicating that "either there are no available tee times or I am inquiring too far in advance".  I'm trying to get a tee time for February 9, 2015.  Any suggestions?

obispo

#5 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

There is only one course on the island and they may be booked up for Feb 9 as that will be a very busy week. ( High Season ) If you are staying on the island at one of the Hotels/ Resorts check with your concierge and you may have some luck. They usually have some connections.  As a plan B there are several nice courses in Playa Del Carmen that may have tee times. A ferry ride to the mainland and a short cab ride will get you there. You can rent quality clubs at most courses as well. Have fun and "Hit 'em Straight".

#6 obispo

obispo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:almost anything

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Thanks for the info and I always try to "hit 'em straight", but they don't always cooperate.

obispo

#7 Golden Gopher

Golden Gopher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Travel,Snorkeling,Food & Wine, anything by the lake.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

If you are only a single player, you might be able to join up with a group of three (I'd say hook up with a threesome, but someone would take it all wrong :D ) I can't remember playing at a resort course where they didn't make the effort to let a single play. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users