Sunday Nights

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 4aGoodCoz

4aGoodCoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Travel, food, family and friends.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

With the construction, have the locals moved the usual Sunday night festivities? Would be a shame to not visit some of my favorite food vendors this trip (Jan 16-25). Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Christie
"I have to go, I feel Iím sinkin'. I just donít know, but I canít stop thinkin'...Mexico." - Firefall

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

All the vendors are there, or at the Palacio so you won't miss anybody.

If they have any dancing on Sunday night, it would be held at the Palacio.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

It has been off and on this year. One Sunday, a fabulous Cuban Band at the Palacio. The next one...nothing. Still seem to be lots of vendors at the Palacio when there are events, but over at the Zocalo, talking to some, they are hurting big time. There's going to be some small businesses going down with the construction.

#4 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Travel...almost empty nesters, extended our vacation in Mexico from one week to two in 2014 (Cozumel) and hopefully longer in time..Love meeting new people and discovering all we can about the culture where ever we go...first time renting condo. looking so forward to it.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Can you tell me where the Palacio is? We are coming next week and want to check it out.  We used to love the square on Sunday evenings.

#5 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

The Palacio is basically at the corner of Melgar and 11. Across the street from Margaritaville and El Cantil Condominiums.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#6 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

Went last night to Palacio. Build up to Carnavale. Filled with midway (rides for children), big band, people of all ages dancing and games of chance. Starting to feel like Carnavale already, with children practicing dancing and singing in the various neighbourhoods of the city; bands rehearsing until all hours; floats being prepared, and elaborate and massive costumes being created (looks like they could be top-heavy for the wearers) on many blocks. Christmas decorations down and Carnavale decorations along Melgar; and we're still two weeks away. Fun night.

#7 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

And it's minus 26 Celsius in mid-Ontario. So, what's a little Norte and rain? It's all relative. Had to smile last night: warmest averaage temperature on record for Coz in 2014; but last night la gente were dressed for a Canadian winter, and it was 21 C (70 F).

#8 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

I used to smile at that too......but also found myself in jeans and a sweater during the day yesterday and added a jacket in the evening. I really don't miss the cold damp Ontario winters.

#9 Silverspring3

Silverspring3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Travel...almost empty nesters, extended our vacation in Mexico from one week to two in 2014 (Cozumel) and hopefully longer in time..Love meeting new people and discovering all we can about the culture where ever we go...first time renting condo. looking so forward to it.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

Thank you Kandy, we will go there for sure

#10 Eddie coz

Eddie coz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

Will the construction be completed for Carnivale?

#11 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

No way construction will be complete. It will be several months at least.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users