35 replies to this topic

#21 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

That article suggests that they're going to require a voter's card to access the discounted fare...

#22 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

it appears from what I am reading that the 69p's fare will only apply to those who have voter registration cards.  The only way to get those is if your a citizen of Mexico.

But, things here change on a peso.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#23 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

My guess is they will use the plan local card from Ultramar or Mexico, but they just don't want to say that in writing. I'm sure once they get set up they will have their own version of plan local.

#24 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

I'm sure once they get set up they will have their own version of plan local.

I have my doubts. If they're going to compete with lower prices they're going to have to limit costs. Since they're offering their discount to all Quintanaroenses (something the existing companies have never done), that would potentially be a LOT of cards to create and track. Easier (and cheaper) to use a card supplied (and paid for) by another entity, such as the government. The existing companies supply their own cards because they limit their discounts to Cozumeleños, so not so many cards are involved.

Maybe they'll eventually accept the other companies' Plan Local cards, and I hope they do, but I think Barcos Caribe is trying to get mainland Quintanaroenses on their side and suspect the resident expat market is far too small for them to bother with.

#25 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

Weird realization last week when I took the ferry.  I have both plan local and the INAPAN (sr. card) and it would have been 2 or 4p's cheaper if I had used the Plan Local card instead of the Sr. card.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#26 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

No,........I think it's around 87 pesos for PL and 68 for INAPAN

#27 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

There are two INAPAM fares. The fare for non-Plan Local holders of the senior card is approx $20MN higher than for Plan Local plus senior card.

The Barcos Mexico cards have the INAPAM discount registered in the bar code if you presented your senior card when you applied or renewed.

Ultramar does not have the technology to do that, so when you buy its tix you should present both cards for lowest fare.

#28 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

Thanks Deb, that is what I wasn't doing.  It should cost me about 62-64p's.

Not a chance of ever being an expert here.  It's a moving target.

Anonymous

#29 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Launch date is to take place on Monday, the 16th.  As to the fare, it will be lower, but may not be the 69p's fare, which from their own discretion applies to those with "official documents" which would not be Plan Local.

The big advantage is the ferry leaves at 5am from Cozumel, and makes the last return from Playa at 11pm.  Keep in mind the ADO bus services (unless they change it) does not start early enough in the morning to get you to the airport.  It would be taxi.

10154100_1572739856322056_2616620188861610368227_1572739846322057_43562377031520

Anonymous

#30 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Their Facebook page is now saying the first trip is 16 February at 4:30 PM. The 15th would be Sunday.

#31 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

Your right Mark, thanks.  I changed it to the (alleged) start date.  

Anonymous

#32 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

I asked one of the guys on the boat on Wednesday and they said the start date was Sunday, February 15....he didn't say what year. :)

#33 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 17 February 2015 - 03:53 PM

looked like they are running today 

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#34 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Color me impressed. I half-expected their boats to burn to the waterline or something.

#35 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

Being reported by a reliable (they went, and asked) source on who can receive the local discount price on the new ferry...Temp/Perm residents with documents will receive the discount.

So, the price would be 69p's each way. 

Update, if you have the INAPAM (senior card) the price is 50p's.

Anonymous

#36 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:26 PM

Temp/Perm residents with documents will receive the discount.

Nice!

So that probably means a Plan Local card from one of the other companies should work, I'm guessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users