Photo

We Are Here To Stay (A Year. Or 10. Or Forever).

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 wendijohnson

wendijohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Anything WATER and sunshine. I have 3 kids (ages 5,3,2) and love to meet other parents that are kid friendly. I love volunteering (so if you are a part of an organization and have a job for me, COUNT me in)!

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

HEY! My little family moved here about a month ago. I have 3 little tots (5 year old girl, 3&2 year old boys). I home school them 4 days week (because I'm deranged) and I have a very outgoing husband that is (luckily) bilingual. We have been living in a hotel since we got here the second week of December. (Don't ask. Bad experience with sweet, adorable, compulsive liar). :D We have finally found another house to rent. (I hope)!

So far I absolutely LOOOOVE Cozumel. I love the Spanish culture (minus the driving), the beaches, the snorkeling, the sunshine, the wind... I would kind of live in a cardboard box here JUST to stay. (Don't tell my kids I said that. They will totally take me up on it).

I have already made some AMAZING friends! People here are SOOO friendly.

I love animals and have started volunteering at the animal shelter once a week. (Unless they can find me more to do.. HINT HINT). And I'd love to get more involved in the community in other service areas. (Please don't hesitate to snatch me up to do some heavy lifting in any project you have). I like getting out of the house. (Did I mention I have 3 kids under 5)? Yeah. LOVE adult conversation.

We are SO excited to be here and I hope we NEVER leave!  

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

That's terrific!

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

You go for it girl!  If you can live in a hotel room for over a month w/3 toddlers, you can do anything!  I wish you best and this site will give you a lot of needed info.

David

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#4 vbeaverhausen

vbeaverhausen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hooray! I have just started reading this forum, but am thrilled to see that I am not the only mom with a young one that is ready to brave it!  My husband, my now three year old, my rescue dog, & I will be making the move next April.  I am totally interested in not only your adoration for the island (What's not to love?), but any tips you can throw my way to make assimilation as smooth as possible.  We did already put a deposit down on a rental house, sight unseen, so hopefully we won't have to live in a hotel also.  I could think of worse things, but you know what I mean. 

Thanks so much for posting!

Best,

Vanessa Carlson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users