• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 martina

martina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

We are coming to the island and booked Casa Oro. Has anyone stayed there or have any information about this place.

I can not find any reviews.

Thanks, 

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

You can't beat the price and it looks quite attractive from the pictures on various websites.  You'll definitely want a rental car from this location and it will be very easy to get there from the airport. B) I would also invest in a map from Laura Map Chick.  Their Cozumel map is excellent.  Give it a little study ahead of time and you'll be able to hit the ground running on your first beach and grocery store trips.

Post a review when you get back, will you?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

Here's a map link that shows the neighborhood. You can see it is way over by the airport. The Mapchick map will help you more towards the tourist/restaurant/shop locations near the west waterfront. You are back in the hood, but that has it's own charm IMHO. A nice house and lots of "real-life" Cozumel around you. If you or anyone in your family speaks any Spanish all the better... You will def need to rent a car...  Isis is very reliable.

I put in your appx address (Calle 20 Between 65 & 70 Ave) into Google and La Perlita, which is somewhat near you, came up - that is how I found the map. La Perlita is a great restaurant. 2x1 Lionfish on Thursdays - lunch & dinner!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionsNear-g150809-d1051095-La_Perlita-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#MAPVIEW

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

You are close to us. We're on 80th. between 20th and 20 bis. I love the neighborhood. I am not familar with the house but you must be richt down by the laundry.

#5 martina

martina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Thank you, we have been coming to Cozumel since 2002 this being our 15th visit and we usually stay at a villa more centrally located, but since this was a last minute plan, our choices were limited. This is a great deal for this villa. We are renting vehicles. Glad to hear it is in a nice neighborhood, as we are not familiar with this area. Just wanted to make sure this was a secured home so we don't have any worries, as we are usually out and about for the majority of the day. I will post a report when we return home:) 

#6 Coz_Aholic

Coz_Aholic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Diving, Fishing, and of course FAMILY!

Author of Cozumel The Complete Guide II

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

It is a very nice property. My daughter and Hubby have rented for the year starting Sept 1.  Now I can walk over and bug Steve!

#7 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:30 PM

Damn Patricia... I was just talking to my buddy's today and telling them how we could rent that place for the year and move up a little in society. Stop on by anyway.

#8 mindeedee

mindeedee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

Hi Martina,

We are currently living at Casa Oro and have been here since the beginning of September.  If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  We love this house and are sad to be saying goodbye to it at the end of this month.  We would definitely rent this house again if we needed a 4 bedroom.  We love our manager, Fred and all the others who keep this place going.  The location is awesome.  I thought that I might feel too far away from everything, as we usually stay more central, but really we have loved this neighbourhood.  It is very quiet and friendly.  We have never felt unsafe here.  Even though there is a gated garage, we have mostly left our SUV (that we drove down from Canada) parked out front the entire time without any trouble whatsoever.  There are a lot of gates and keys, so security is not an issue.  It's very private.  

The internet here is very reliable.  We are a family of 4 with my husband working on line in webinars all day and my 2 children being homeschooled on line every day, there has never been an issue.  One thing that I should let you know is that there are not many bath towels provided here and no beach towels.  I would recommend bringing some beach towels for your stay.  The railings on the stairs are great for hanging them to dry.  

As for kitchen supplies, the pots and pans were not in the best condition when we arrived.  We've never used them as we bought our own and we will be passing them on to someone local who we know is in need.  There is no washer and dryer.  

As I have said, feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer.

Enjoy!

And yes - the address is Calle 20 entre Av 70 y 65 Bis.  (only about 500 metres from the airport)

#9 martina

martina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:08 AM

Hi Mindeedee,

Thank you for the info. I do have a few questions, what bedrooms have what kind of beds in them & also do all the bathrooms have showers. We have a group of 8 coming down, maybe we will have to get some towels when we get down there.... We do cook sometimes with some friends we have down there, is there a BBQ grill there? Thanks again:) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users