2 replies to this topic

#1 lss96

lss96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Diving

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Just to give people heads up, watch your credit card after you rent and pay at Thrifty's/Dollar car rental.  It has now happened to me again last week my card was compromised.  It also happened to me 2 years ago.  Why I know it is happening there, it is the only location I use the card.  I have been coming here for 4 months for the last 4 years, and when they cancel a credit card it is a royal pain in the....   I gave the office the benefit of the doubt the first time it happened.

I cannot confirm if it is happening at the local office or Head office, but somebody is getting the information.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

The name brand places are franchises.  I have heard that folks have complain to the HQ's, and have received a response from them.  

If a franchise is being questioned by HQ about complaints, and they get enough of them, their franchise could be pulled.

It would be worth my time to write HQ and explain the situation (both times) and although your not accusing them, your laying out the breadcrumbs for them to follow. 

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 lss96

lss96

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Diving

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:42 PM

Yes you are right, regarding the franchise.  I called corporate HQ in the U.S. and spoke to a rep. They are forwarding a written complaint to Mexico Head office. Again this unfortunate, I thought I had a good relationship with Russell from Thrifty's.  I have used them on many occasions, I buy dog food for the dogs he has in the yard.  It is a shame this has happened again.        

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users