4 replies to this topic

#1 carenlee

carenlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:39 PM

Hi,

We are looking for a dive shop recommendation in Cozumel that provides trips that cater to experienced divers.  My boyfriend was a dive master and has well over 5000 dives....I am not even close to that caliber having only about 100.  Safety of course is paramount.  Any ideas?  Thanks  

#2 diverN2H2O

diverN2H2O

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:11 PM

Look at Scuba Board Cozumel forum this is always an on going question.

There are as many great dive shops as resturants on the island.

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, I'll agree that there are numerous very good dive shops. Aldora and Blue XT Sea are very popular on ScubaBoard.

My wife and I are former NAUI Assistant Instructors and have a very strong preference to dive with Sandro Huerta, an instructor and divemaster. He works with Deep Blue but can also be contacted through Sandro's Adventures.

#4 carenlee

carenlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:43 AM

Why do you like Saundro so much?  Thanks I will definitely check him out as well as Aldora and Blue XT Sea.  Aldora had been recommended by a friend who was in Playa del Carmen and did some diving in Cozumel.  We really aren't that fussy....just want to do some of the best dives and since we have such limited time (3 days) want to start out right.  I live in Alaska so don't do too much diving here....although I have done some...is very expensive and hard to get use to the dry suit.  It is still awesome though floating up top when you are done and seeing otters, and the such.   

Thanks for replying.  Caren

#5 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

Why do you like Saundro so much?

Well, at this point Sandro is a good friend.

We've been diving with him for years. He's taught multiple family members - he basically can't stop teaching even if he's not officially instructing. He is great at taking his time, is calm, knows how to find stuff (seahorses, e.g.), and doesn't molest the sealife to try to generate tips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users