Photo
- - - - -

Hello Looking For Affordable Bike Rentals And Lodging Recommendations.

bike rentals hotels dive shops

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AKFISH

AKFISH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:16 AM

I stayed in San Miguel last year for about a week  and  loved it.  I did a couple dives and loads of snorkeling.   I found a bike to rent, but it was very expensive.  I would ride south every day on my bicycle and drift snorkel the day away! Anyone know where I could rent a sound bicycle at a reasonable rate for a week or 10 days? 

I'll probably stay downtown for a few days and do a couple dives, then I'd like to get to the other side of the Island this time,  Any accomodation advice would be appreciated.  I don't need fancy.  I am from Alaska, so air conditioning I enjoy very much when traveling in the tropics, but if its a groovy place on the beach, i can be very happy in a tent. 

Also wondering about scooter/car rentals?  I have rented scooters in Thailand very inexpensively ( much cheaper than the bicycles in Coz!) but have heard bad things about scooter rentals in MX.  How about CAR RENTALS?  I've driven in MX a good bit, but only with my own vehicle in the North.

Any and all advice much appreciated, I'll be in Coz from about March 10th to March 19.  If anyone wants a  snorkel/dive partner give me a holler!

#2 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Cozumel.  You may want to re-post your questions in another section of the forum....random travel questions/accomodations etc. 

Assuming that you're talking about the east side of the island when you say other side of the island...there is only one hotel on that side, Ventanas del Mar.  Lots of good reviews about the place.  I've never stayed there.  When I did check prices for guests coming out of town a couple of years ago it was about 90 bucks a night. 

Bicycle rental Rent a Bike Cozumel.  I'm sure that you can work something out for longer rentals.  https://www.facebook...entabikecozumel

Scooters vs. car rental.  Take car rental.  Much safer and not much more expensive. 

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

the least expensive car rental is with ISIS, and that's 35 usd's a day for a beater VW bug.  Scooter rentals from the same place is 20 dollars a day.

Ventanas del Mar site:  http://www.ventanasa....com/Rooms.html 

Frankly, it is a lot cheaper, and easier to stay in town.  

You can not camp on the beaches here.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bike rentals, hotels, dive shops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users