14 replies to this topic

#1 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

I saw a couple of scooters driving around the other day and the name on their box was Room Service. I didn't think to much about it until today when I was down at the Pub having a beer and a guy came in to pick up a to go order from Chris. He said that was Room Service and for a small fee of around $25 pesos if you called them they would deliver just about anything to where you are at.

Here is an article about them.  http://1dad1kid.com/...ervice-cozumel/   This is the first I've heard about them and think it is a great idea.

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:03 PM

I think some restaurants eat the fee.  I think my neighbor got the comida del dia from La Choza for less than 100 peso with tip.  

And what are the hours on the Pub?  I tried to try it and they were closed.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Closed Tuesday. I think they open at 11:00am.

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:07 AM

Room Service (changed it's name to Room Cozumel) is excellent.

Not only do they deliver food, they also do shopping (all grocery stores, including SAM's)  laundry pick up and delivery,  pick up medication, you name it, and if it's legal, they will deliver.

To deliver south of the island, they charge $100p's.  In town, if the establishment is part of their network it's either free delivery, or the 25p's fee. 

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:27 PM

Do you know if they will shop and stock a condo for your arrival?

#6 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

I doubt they'll stock anything. They're a delivery service that uses scooters. But who knows?

The name is still Room Service Cozumel. The easiest way to contact them is through Facebook, where they are currently locatable as "Cozumel Room". Just send them a message and ask.

#7 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

I would check with them, but I'm aware of other condo renters who provided the grocery list, and  time for them to meet them at the condo the day of their arrival.

They also have two sets of boxes on the back of the scooters, one is quite large.

As to the name change, just look on their site.  

Using FB,  PRIVATE MESSAGE is the best method, rather than posting on their open page.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#8 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

They could probably meet your property manager at the property before you arrive.

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#9 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

Just so there is NO confusion this is COZUMEL ROOM (aka: Room Service, they had to change their name)://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008515869761

Anonymous

#10 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

I have a question. Doesn't Mega deliver to your home and has anyone ever used them? I'm not good at Spanish but it sure looks like what they have printed on the bottom of their receipt.

#11 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

Just so there is no confusion, Room Service Cozumel did NOT change their name - just look at their Facebook page as linked above to confirm this.

They explained to me that they had to change their Facebook page to allow messaging, but as one can see from the banner on their page the name of the business itself hasn't changed.

#12 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:46 AM

You can also ask RS for suggestions, just tell them what your hungry for.  It is really a great service by any name.

They will need deliver to your condo, and the PM (after payment) can stock the frig and pantry for you.

not to belabor, and belabored point already, but I suspect that RS, didn't want to be associated with the OTHER RM that offers more than lunch.

Anonymous

#13 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:19 PM

Room Service Cozumel now has a TripAdvisor listing for anyone who might feel like rating them.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d9712344-r337047290-Room_Cozumel-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

#14 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:15 AM

I saw that the business is for sale for 150K if anyone is interested.

#15 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:17 AM

Seems alot for a couple of scooter and social media on the web?  Still I love the service.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users