Benito Juárez Celebrations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tbiram

tbiram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Painting, home renovation, sewing, reading, motorcycles, travel, board and card games

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

As first time visitors to Cozumel we would like to experience as much of the local culture as possible and would like to know if there is any place in particular we should be on March 16th other than our resort to enjoy this day?

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Also want to say I LOVE this site and have already read many helpful comments on a wide variety of topics and can't wait to get there March 7th.

Terri

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

The 16th is a day many Mexican workers get off. The actual national holiday is the 21st (a Saturday this year, which explains why they do the day off on the 3rd Monday). 

I honestly don't know on which of those days more will be going on, but whichever it is it'll be a great day for fans of long-winded political speeches.

#3 tbiram

tbiram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Painting, home renovation, sewing, reading, motorcycles, travel, board and card games

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:47 PM

I'm pretty sure I can skip the speeches and find a better way to spend my vacation time.  Please keep me in mind if you do hear of anything interesting happening or have any suggestions of other things we may enjoy while on our holiday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users