Sundays

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 uphillklimber1

uphillklimber1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Skiing, hiking, camping, gardening, snorkel, scuba, biking, kayaking. You know, fun stuff!

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Folks, we are headed to Cozumel May 6 thru the 16th. We are somewhat interested in the 10th which is a Sunday. I hear there  a festival on Sunday evenings???? What can you tell us about this?
Also, last time we were there, the merchants were aggressive (several cruise ships were in port) that we left and went back to the resort. On Sundays with no cruise ships, is it reasonable to expect them to be less aggressive?
MAny thanx.

#2 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

The Sunday evening get togethers used to be held in the downtown square which is under construction now.  I have not been able to get a good answer as to whether they have moved down to city hall or not.  

As for the "Aggressive" merchants, I consider that to be part of the charm of Cozumel.  If they are open, they will be out on the street offering to let you see their merchandise.  Which is always "All most free" by the way.  If you are in the shopping mood, it can be fun.  If not, a simple smile and "No Gracias" and keep on walking will suffice.  I recommend that you get away from the the main drag and go back into town a couple of blocks.  You will find more locally owned shops with some unique items.

Skip (aka: VideoVern)

VideoVern (aka: Skip)

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

#3 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:52 AM

They do have Sunday events at the Palacio, but it has lost some of its charm. They are talking about the square being completed by the end of April (Por Esto).....not too sure if I would count on it, but they may be using the square by the time you get here.

As for the aggressive merchants, most of the shops along the malecon are closed on Sunday, but i have never been harmed by someone asking me to come in and see their junk.....and if I don't want to come into contact with the amusing verbiage I walk on the water side of the street.

#4 VideoVern

VideoVern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:29 AM

.....and if I don't want to come into contact with the amusing verbiage I walk on the water side of the street.

:)

VideoVern (aka: Skip)

"Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users