• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:36 AM

The lines are LONG, and if you want to prepay for your plates and/or registration, here is the site to do it.

http://www.tenencias.gob.mx/?

You will be asked for two things on the site.  The first is the plate number "Numero de Placa".  The second is the last 5 digit of the vehicle.  If you look at your green registration card, on the right hand side, there is group of number under the heading "NIV". That is the numbers you want, and only use the LAST 5 numbers from the series.

Número de Placa:  * Indispensable.

Número de Serie:   * Indispensable (últimos 5 dígitos)

I did this last week, and it was a breeze, and I bypast all the people who didn't prepay.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:12 AM

How does this help? Are you able to bypass everyone waiting in line?

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#3 2islandbums

2islandbums

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Interests:Diving/ working to get dive money.

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:14 AM

Sorry I see you said you bypassed everone but how without an uproar I  guess is my question.

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.

Albert Einstein,

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

There are two lines, and two processes.  The first line is where you would go to the windows and hand over the renewal documents, and make payment.  That's the LONG LINE.

After you pay, then you would take your receipt and ID, to the long counter, and they would give you the registration, tags, and/or plates.

If you prepay, you go to the long counter because you already have your receipt.  There may be people waiting, but the day I went they had 3 people working that desk, and I was able to walk right up, and finish the process.

This process is for renewals.  If your purchase a vehicle and do a transfer, you need to go to the windows first.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users