• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Whitesands

Whitesands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

We are heading back to Cozumel in May. We will be joined by some of our Family members that have never experienced the island or the wonderful people that live there, or their culture.

We thought a wonderful thing for them to experience would be Sunday night on the Square! I have read in the past that on Sunday nights in the square there are live bands & festivals.

Does this still happen every Sunday night, or only during certain times of the year?

It sounds like a wonderful experience & we would love to plan to attend if this will be happening during our stay this upcoming May.

Recently I have been reading that there is construction going on in that area & saw one post from Feb. 2015 that described the area as in shambles.

Can anyone tell me if they still are having the Sunday night Festival with bands & local vendors?

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

A lot of those activities now take place in the square in front of the Palacio Municipal. It seems to be a bit hit-or-miss.

The stuff in the downtown square was mostly oriented towards visitors rather than residents, anyway.

#3 LindaB

LindaB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

I was also wondering about Sunday nights in San Miguel.  We have visited in the past and found this a great experience.  Also wondering about the availability of public restrooms downtown. Are there any?

#4 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:45 AM

There are public restrooms in the Plaza del Sol, which is behind the downtown plaza. Currently, the plaza is under construction so there aren't any events being held there.

#5 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

Speaking of the Plaza...........Does anyone have an update and/or pictures?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users