• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:49 PM

We looked at a number of houses prior to building, and frankly, unless it was new(er) construction, I had no interest in living with one cord coming from each of the rooms ceiling for a light bulb with one plug.

Nor, not having enough plugs in each room, especially the kitchen.

We bought in our own coated facets, and ceiling fans from the US, brass hinges, and electrical boxes, and plugs.  I had no intentions of spending money on overpriced, and less quality, then turning around a short time later, and do it again.

When we build on little "Jungalow" our builder could not comprehend the number of plugs we had them put in, and where.  Plugs above the kitchen cabinets, above the bowed wall in the living room which we use for display.  I just wish I had one installed behind the toilet.  Christmas decorations on the lid!

If you're buying here, really look, and inspect things, and figure out what to mule down. In 12 years I have not have replace one items.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#22 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 18 April 2015 - 07:10 PM

our builder could not comprehend the number of plugs we had them put in.

Aint it the truth, never enough plugs.....

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#23 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:59 AM

I think one of the reason why there is a plug shortage is they're were not needed, or perceived to not be needed.  "We" on the other hand use lots of appliances, and to support those appliances we need plugs!

Cozumel still offers "reasonably" priced houses.  The problem is matching the expectation of the buyer to what their budget will support.  We would all love to live having an oceanfront home for 50K.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#24 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:10 AM

That paint job on that unit at Las Brisas was wild!

#25 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

I likes me some bright colors (and as soon as my parents are no longer involved, Casa Suzana is going to be a LOT less white...), but that unit might've surpassed my colorfulness limit.

#26 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

I have learned that using bright colors fade very quickly.  Accent colors in areas where the sun doesn't fade as quickly might be an idea.

I would look around town, and see what colors have stood up to time.

Also buy the best quality of paint, and make sure the painter doesn't add water to dilute.  That's a common practice here. 

I would LOVE to go beyond light yellow for the house color, and do love the bright colors as well.  Guess I'm getting to practical in my old age.

Anonymous

#27 John I

John I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:47 AM

@Coz2wonder what show were the Thirsty Cougar folks in?  I'd like to look that one up.

#28 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:46 PM

They were in the first show of Caribbean Life. 

The couple who bought Thirsty Cougar will air

June 5th 

5:30pm | 4:30c

http://www.hgtv.com/...l-new-mexico...

Upcoming Airings for the couple who purchased a condo in Cozumel.

May 22nd 4pm/3c

June 23rd 6pm/5c

http://www.hgtv.com/...aribbean-living

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users