• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:52 AM

.I live across from the old road, and the way the old road restrictions works is that you can legally drive a vehicle south from Caleta to Palancar Beach club. The westbound lane is closed completely to traffic on the old road, and is dedicated to bicycles.

The old road is closed to any motorized vehicles from Palancar to Mescalitos in both directions.

It is VERY dangerous to ride a bike on that road, simply because the signage is ignored.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#2 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Still having trouble with people using it in cars huh?  They could use better signage or a way to limit entering that road.

#3 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

I truly wish they would rethink the old road usage.

It was safer when those on bikers anticipated there would be traffic.  Now, they are assuming there isn't.

The road could be closed to traffic 2 week prior to a bike event, and a week after then open it up to everybody.

If I rode a bike, I wouldn't ride on it as it is now.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#4 DONO

DONO

Resident Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2015 - 09:30 AM

Had many a good times and memories on that old road. From boa's, giant crabs, coatamundi even federaldis. We always took it "because we could".

Dono

It's those changes in latitudes!

#5 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:48 AM

.I live across from the old road, and the way the old road restrictions works is that you can legally drive a vehicle south from Caleta to Palancar Beach club. The westbound lane is closed completely to traffic on the old road, and is dedicated to bicycles.

Last time on the island I went North bound on the old road along the ocean up past the money bar , etc. I never knew I couldn't until about a month ago and guess I didn't understand the posted signs.... This was the first time I had ever done it in all of the times we had been on the island, guess we got lucky..... Thanks for posting the heads up!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users