Chocolate Flavored Tequila

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:Deep sea fishing, college football, NFL & relaxing...

Posted 24 April 2015 - 01:42 PM

We need some help.  Lorrie used to buy this tequila when I first started taking her to Cozumel.  Two years ago she couldn't find it and we couldn't find it last year either.  We used to get it from a Miguel Costenada Gonzalez.  His store was about 50 yards north of Wet Wendys across the street.  Do any of you know where I can find this for her?  Lorrie is asking the same question on Face Book C4Y.  Don't worry about sending me on a wild goose chase if you think it might be there, but aren't sure.  I enjoy exploring El Centro on my own and always find new places just walking around.  If I need go farther taxis aren't a problem w/me either.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

David

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#2 sanddiver

sanddiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, cooking, hiking, learning new things, meeting new people, adventure, loving my partner.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

I had some coffee flavored Tequila several years ago - it was surprisinglly good.  They may have had chocolate too.  It was at the Sabor Hotel in the Tequilaria.

#3 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

I had some coffee flavored Tequila several years ago - it was surprisinglly good.  They may have had chocolate too.  It was at the Sabor Hotel in the Tequilaria.

Did they sell it by the bottle or just drinks?  BTW, I've always liked the melon head thing!

"We live in a culture of simulation, in which nothing is what it seems and the image that reigns has no reference to the real world."  (The Art Of War, Sun Tzu)  It is what it is...  THAT never changes.

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

You can get chocolate peanut butter tequila at the Pub and Ohanas. It's their own mix, very good, and they sell it on the side.

#5 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

You can get chocolate peanut butter tequila at the Pub and Ohanas. It's their own mix, very good, and they sell it on the side.

Steve, I appreciate that and we'll stop by there for her to taste some.  I'm looking for sealed bottles we can bring back through US Customs.

#6 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

They will make you up a bottle to take home with you. Bottles don't have to be sealed to get through customs. I bring partial bottles home all the time.

#7 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:45 AM

They will make you up a bottle to take home with you. Bottles don't have to be sealed to get through customs. I bring partial bottles home all the time.

Thanks for the info Steve!  What do they charge for a fifth?

#8 sanddiver

sanddiver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, cooking, hiking, learning new things, meeting new people, adventure, loving my partner.

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:07 PM

Bottles.  Sealed.  Yum yum yum!

#9 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

I have no idea what they charge as I don't drink it. Everyone loves it and many people take bottles home. Chris at the Pub and Matt at O'hanas won't rob you but they would like to make a few dollars on a bottle.

#10 marlinfishing

marlinfishing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

I have no idea what they charge as I don't drink it. Everyone loves it and many people take bottles home. Chris at the Pub and Matt at O'hanas won't rob you but they would like to make a few dollars on a bottle.

No worry there, Steve.  I tip well.  We stay in an AI & I probably double the staff's daily wages.  That's probably why I never have to get out of my lounger to get a beer.  :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users