3 replies to this topic

#1 vbeaverhausen

vbeaverhausen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:44 PM

Hi, all!  Greetings from Dallas, TX.

I am super excited to announce that our plans to move to Cozumel are officially underway.  My husband, my now 3 year old son, our furry canine son, and I are Cozumel bound in April of next year.  After discussions and debates over the last two years, we have made the commitment to make the move.  We have put a deposit on a rental home, sight unseen, and are planning and researching as much as possible.  I am so thankful for this site and all of you that have contributed.

We have loads to learn about the best ways to go about what to keep, what to leave, and how to get it all there, but we know in our hearts that this is EXACTLY what we should be doing and can't believe that we have to wait an entire year to get there.

I intend to follow forums closely, but if anyone wants to reach out and offer up any helpful tips, I will be most appreciative.

Best to all of you,

Vanessa Carlson

#2 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

First word of advice, don't burn any bridges behind you. How much time have you spent in Cozumel?

You put down a deposit on a rental home, sight unseen and for next year? Is it all recent construction with new appliances? Do you wish to share the location or circumstances?

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

The first thing i would do is take a trip to eyeball that rental.  Congrats!

#4 John I

John I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

You can get a 4-day cruise out of galveston for less than $300 and it's only about a 5 hour drive from you. I would definitely run down there and look before you leap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users