• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cirmot

cirmot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

In reference to Time Share Sales Jobs in Cozumel, does anyone know the names of the companies that may hire a U. S. Citizen? I ask because I saw it mentioned in previous posts that these jobs are possibly available to foreigners. My wife and I are considering moving to Cozumel in a year or two. I will have an income outside of the country and do not need the job but was curious. My wife will also have an income from outside of mexico.

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:07 PM

You will have to apply for working visa's in the US first, then finish the process here.

No company that I'm aware of will hire you without your documents being complete first.  A company can provide a letter of intention to hire, with the amount of income expected, but you have to have all your ducks in a row prior.

The cost is your burden to bare, companies no longer sponsor workers.

As to names of hotels that will hire for TS sales:  Allegro, Sabor, Fiesta Americana come to mind.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 cirmot

cirmot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Thank you for the response. Just looking into it now as to be prepared. Any and all information is much appreciated. 

#4 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:23 AM

The complete process has been posted by Mark S.

It will take you from start to finish, so that you know what documents you need, and how long the process may take.

The topic (3 parts) is penned to the topic "I want to move to Cozumel".

TS, like most work here is seasonal, so not having to depend on the income from these jobs is very important.  In other words...keep your day job(s).

Good luck.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#5 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:30 AM

If you are a permanent resident and have skills that a company requires, there are a few job opportunities here. A few.

But you may not want them. Working in Mexico consumes an incredible amount of time and energy, robbing you of many of the pleasures of living here. I speak from personal experience. Though I am in an unusual situation and spend waaay too much time at work, I see how others work and manage their lives. Most rely on having a large family or support from other parts of the community. It will take time for you and your wife to develop your Cozumel community if you do not have it now.

The workweek is 6 long days. In this tourist zone, your day off could be any day of the week and it could change from week to week -- meaning that you may work much more than 6 days in a row. There may be mandatory layoffs in the low season. If you are not fluent in Spanish, your fellow employees likely will not be able to communicate many things to you -- nor you to them. There are significant cultural differences between Mexico and the US to trip over. You will always be A Foreigner -- in some ways, always considered different from your co-workers. (The police may always consider you A Tourist -- even after you have lived here for 20 years.) If the job is salaried, the pay will be low. If paid on commission, you need to work even harder and make sure to present proof of every centavo that you have earned.

IMO, if you have the option to wisely manage your cash to fund your chosen lifestyle, you would have a much better life taking that road.

Best Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users