Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

The one on 30

#42 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

Actually, we have five Pemex stations in town. One in front of Puerta Maya, two across from each other on the transversal, on at Juarez and PJC and one at the end of Av. Andres Quintana Roo in Nueva Generacion. I use them all and I have never been overcharged. Sometimes I specify how much to fill up (usually 300 pesos, when I'm low) but sometimes I tell them to llenarlo. When I get back in my truck I always check the guage again and have never found a discrepency with what I paid for and what I got. Odd, so many other people seem to have this problem.

#43 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I just had a guy at a Pemex station argue with me over my change. He thought I was over-tipping.

#44 ez_stop1

ez_stop1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

I've never been taken advantage of either....until this trip. I've been renting cars for almost ten years on Cozumel & didn't think it could happen to me either. Also, I've used all the Pemex stations except one. I'm surmising that I just got a 'bad' attendant. He did ask me if I was on 'bacation" and tried to talk me up to win my confidence that he wasn't getting ready to screw me, I suppose. Possibly he saw a blonde, female tourist and thought he had an easy mark. And he would have - had I not been particulary mindful of how much the total was since all I had was $20.00's US. That, and the fact that I had read about Hillbilly's situation on this board. I just wanted to inform the folks that read this forum that it can and IS still happening. Knowledge is power ;-)

#45 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

This thread started in May 2010.... the mysterious pumping of air may or may not be happening anymore but evidently the gas station scam never stops.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users