• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

Our cable TV service is no longer working and the Cablemas guys said we need a box. We have the lowest end service and did not need a box before last week. Our problem is they have to bring the box to set it up and they will make an appointment but never show up. This has been going on for more than a week.

Does anyone have a name or number of someone at Cablemas who can actually get things done?

Thanks

Note: due to circumstances beyond our control we can not get Telmex.

#2 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Usually to get anything done at Cablemas takes over a week. Go in and talk to Rosie. She is pretty helpful.

#3 Cozumel Rocks

Cozumel Rocks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Property Managers taking care of your home here on the island. We provide all administration, Housekeeping, Gardening, Pool Service, House Maintenance...and Concierge Services. Just tell us what you need!

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

Patience is what is needed here in this situation.  

The WILL come, when they can.

I just had to wait 3 weeks to get them to come to a house to exchange the modem.    

The box is needed now because their system went digital.  

Do go to the CableMas office and check with Rosie, she is MOST helpful.  ALSO, double check if they have your phone number correct in their system.  

Good luck.

COZUMEL ROCKS Concierge and Property Management
www.cozumelconcierge.com
cozumelrocks@gmail.com

#4 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Problem solved and only took about 2+ weeks. Cablemas changed the network without letting us know. We could have had it all fixed in one visit if anyone had bothered to let the customer know!

#5 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

The other problem with Cablemas is they usually want someone home when they come out and they won't give you a date and time when they are coming and if they do give you a date and time they never show up.

#6 Charles

Charles

Guru

• Members
  • 3,143 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Once you have a work order in hand, find a technician out working. You ask if they could help do you a favor and try to make it happen faster. (hint-hint, you would "appreciate" their personal attention). For example: The last time I wanted a technician's opinion if it could indeed be done. Hell, I'll buy you lunch if you can stop by and give me an expert's opinion to know if what the office says is accurate. Yes I know no work can be done today. He stopped by in 30 minutes, spent ten minutes looking things over and said it would be complicated, but could be done. I gladly paid $90 pesos and my thanks. (OK if $90 pesos works for ten minutes, a complicated installation should surely merit a better tip)

The technician wanted the work order to make things happen from inside the office. Two days later he called and said he could come by then. It involved running the cable from half block down the street, crossing the street and then installation to the apartment. I was thrilled! I gave a small thank you of $350 pesos for doing so well making it happen so quickly. He gave me his cell number to call if ever I needed his services.

It pays to pay to establish some relationship with technicians. I could have waited the several weeks expected and wondered if and when they would call. I was happy to pay what I thought the service was worth. We used to have a "little black book" with the contact info for all the assorted service providers and after hours numbers.

#7 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 05:39 PM

Charles...I even tried the bribe in the office to get things done quicker. It didn't work and was given my money back which I found interesting and refreshing on that persons part. I have also found my neighbors very willing to give me their access code when mine was down with no expectation of repayment except for one person. I was even going to go a few blocks down and knock on a door where I saw a Cablemas car parked or flag one down on the street and offer lunch, dinner, or something else to get things done quicker but the cable guy showed up. Going down to the Cablemas office everyday seemed to help a lot.It only took about a week last time and maybe 40 minutes each day to go to the office..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users