• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NDMan

NDMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

I've seen a lot lately on the Facebook page of the police about crime, violence, etc. Does anyone know anything more on this?

#2 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

There is always crime.  That isn't probably the police's page on FB but rather a page covering the police.  I wouldn't get excited.  Cozumel is a fair sized city after all; there will be thing going on.

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

I'm with Mr. Police Chief Man. I know of a Facebook page that includes all sorts of reports, including people's denouncing their neighbors for loud parties, but it isn't at all official nor always even very accurate. Note that by far the most common content there that has to do with actual danger is about scooter crashes, followed closely by car crashes. Truck crashes come in third. As long as you stay off of scooters, it's pretty safe.

In the US, we live in a tiny town. No gas station. No stoplights. To us, Cozumel is The Big City, but we don't feel at all unsafe there. I probably wouldn't walk around at 2 AM while drunk wearing a necklace made of iPhones while complaining loudly that the wad of cash in my pocket is big enough to cause discomfort, but as long as one takes the same reasonable, prudent precautions one would use in a US city of similar size I don't think it's worrisome at all.

#4 Freezin' Canuck

Freezin' Canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

Well said. In fact, I would say it is likely safer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users