• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 NomaFS

NomaFS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:00 AM

Hi, all. I'm Noma. I'll only be in Cozumel for one day on a cruise. That day is Independence Day. We want to go to Playa Palancar because it seems so normally uncrowded, and we are seeking peace, not touristy crowds. With schools out for the holiday, do you think it will be crowded? 

Thanks for your help. 

#2 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

September is a very slow month on the island. Cruise traffic is at a minimum. Playa Palancar is a good choice but no matter where you go you will probably not have a crowd to contend with.

Enjoy!

#3 kentukcoz

kentukcoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 07:55 AM

When we were in Coz in July we went Playa Palancar on a Sunday and it was quite crowded, mostly with locals. I think with as bad a shape the eastside beaches are in bad shape because of the sargassum ,especially Chen Rio,Palancar is the best place on the westside. Service was so bad we left after one round of Cokes. That's something we've never done in all the years we've been coming to Coz.

#4 pato52

pato52

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

Sunday is local day at all the island beaches with Chen Rio usually seeing the biggest crowds and the tightest parking

#5 kentukcoz

kentukcoz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:53 PM

Chen Rio was deserted on the Sunday we were there only one other couple in the bar. The beach is almost washed away and what's left of it was buried in sargassum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: beach, crowded beach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users