25 replies to this topic

#21 cozumelwantabe

cozumelwantabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:25 AM

What places were you trying to find?
Most of the time we take the old road so we can hit places like the Money Bar, etc..

#22 Jean Mc

Jean Mc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:31 AM

It's much easier to find the beaches if you take the old beach road instead of the superhighway.

#23 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:06 AM

The only beach signs you would not see from the main road going south is the following;

1. Uvas (never been)
2. Money Bar (good snorkeling)
3. Pirates (iron rock, no beach)

All the rest have HUGE signs...the old road, and new road run parallel after Reef Club.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#24 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Listen to the good advice about NOT RENTING the MOPEDS. I was a Moped Victim on January 1, 2000. I broke 7 ribs, punctured a lung and my spleen, had to get MedEvac'd to the States (over $19,000, and that was 10 years ago), spent 10 days in the Hospital here, and I still have scars from the road rash and pain every day from the broken ribs (they never do heal in the same way, especially the ribs broken in multiple places). And I was one of the lucky ones - quite a number of Tourists are sent home in body bags after Moped Accidents. Yes, if you have teenage boys (they all think they are invulnerable), they'll be angry with you if you forbid they from riding around Cozumel on a Moped. But would you rather deal with: (a) several months of their anger at you for being "an over-protective parent", or (B) a lifetime of guilt and regret if you ignore the advice, let them rent Mopeds, and then have to bury one of your Kids after a (completely foreseeable) Moped Accident?

#25 TERRY7133

TERRY7133

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

Driving a mo-ped or scooter in cozumel is nothing like driving one in the U.S.A. There is really no way to explain the difference . Just take the advise of the posters on this thread . Having raised 3 teenagers , I would offer one more bit of advise--- resolve this issue before you come to cozumel .

It will make for a much more enjoyable trip .

#26 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

In reply to OP's question about beaches: To get to the beaches in the south renting a car for a day is a little more than the price of a taxi to and fro to one beach club. The taxi is less hassle, but the car gives you the option/freedom of moving on to other beaches and to the east side where there are waves and no development save a few beach shack eateries, Coconuts restaurant and the hotel next door.

To the north: from town I take a taxi to Playa Azul Beach Club (80p+/-). As at most other beach clubs it is free to enter but you are expected to eat/drink something in exchange for having the use of loungers, umbrella and their restroom. It's small but a nice place to spend the day. Also, from there you can take a walk along the shore quite a ways north. If it's at all windy keep walking till you come across the kite boarders. Your boys will probably dig that. Although the sand doesn't get hot take your flip flops for going over rocks, rough patches etc.. There is also iron shore & rocks at PAzul = snorkeling. I always take my own but I'm pretty sure (not 100%) they now have rental gear available. Have a great trip!

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users