5 replies to this topic

#1 WildBill

WildBill

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, Photography, Writing, Traveling

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

Many Mexican citys have a dedicated market place or days that the market is run - for instance in Merida. Is there a market like this in Cozumel? Seems like I have heard of one where vegetables and flowers are sold.

Thanks in advance
WildBill

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 03 October 2015 - 12:32 AM

There is a dedicated market, El Mercado.  3 blocks in from the waterfront in the center of town.  

#3 Kandy

Kandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying retired life!

Posted 03 October 2015 - 08:40 AM

I discovered another mercado on 12 and maybe 70? I wasn't able to stop, but I definitely want to go back and check it out!

Kandy
Living the Dream in Cozumel

#4 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:35 PM

Kandy, you are talking about the one out buy where we stay. It's kind of like a flee market. Lots of clothes and shoes. I never really stop there except there is a building that rents everything you need for a party, wedding, or any other type of gathering. They rent tables, chairs, chafing and serving dishes, dinner ware, etc. I think they stalls are open all week long.

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:38 AM

Doesn't La Perlita out on Calle 10 do a nice farmers market sort of thing on weekends or something?

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#6 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:58 PM

Many Mexican citys have a dedicated market place or days that the market is run - for instance in Merida. Is there a market like this in Cozumel? Seems like I have heard of one where vegetables and flowers are sold.

Rosado Salas between 20 and 25 Avs. Produce, meat, fish, Edam cheese, wonderful kitchen stuff, guayaberas, food stalls... it's marvelous.

I discovered another mercado on 12 and maybe 70? I wasn't able to stop, but I definitely want to go back and check it out!

The "flip-flop market" on Calle 12 N and 70 Av. I sort of suspect that might not be what everyone else calls it.

I've never seen much more than flip-flops, CD's, backpacks, and phone cases there, and never any food or produce. That's not to say I don't love it, or that there might not be agricultural products there some times.

Doesn't La Perlita out on Calle 10 do a nice farmers market sort of thing on weekends or something?

Yep. Fridays, at least. Pretty sparse last Friday when I was there for the first time, but people were apologizing for that so I may have seen it at its dinkiest. We got some good honey and some wallets made from Doritos and Cheetos bags, which was close to all there was that day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users