• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cozumelbound

cozumelbound

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:34 AM

We're coming next week and it looks like there's a chance of a nice storm paying a visit at the same time (Invest 90E), so we may have a couple rather rainy days. First off, how do the landscape and roads there handle heavy rain, will we be able to get around or should we just hang out in the hotel until it blows over? Second, any suggestions of things to do in the rain?

I've got my fingers crossed that the storm will just blow itself out in the next couple days, but it's always better to be prepared...

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,617 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:11 AM

Depending on the amount of rain received, and the area you are staying at would dictate if it is wise to go out. Of course, it could rain on one part of the island, and be sunny on the other side.

As for things to do while it is raining...we have a very nice, and large (I think they have 6 screens?) theater at Chedrui's mall.

They have movies in English, and they are first run showings.

Bring a good book, or a board game would be my nice suggest.

Fingers are crossed B)

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 08:13 AM

There is also the bowling alley a block from Cheduari. That's a good place to escape the rain and the mid-day heat!

#4 DaveSI

DaveSI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:10 AM

One of the nicest days I've ever spent in Cozumel was a rainy day. We found a cantina and just watched life pass us by for a few hours while making a few new friends. I highly suggest it.

#5 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:02 PM

Internet cafes make for a good diversion in hot weather or rainy. In the heat I've ducked in to cool off with their AC and to while away some rainy hours on other trips.

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#6 Guest_pecosgirl_*

Guest_pecosgirl_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 08:34 PM

Enjoy the museum!

#7 Ryanplaers

Ryanplaers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

I like the way you think DaveSI. Looks like it may rain this coming week while my girlfriend and I are there. Any suggestions on a good "rain out" cantina?

#8 jenster101

jenster101

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:47 AM

Don't let a rainy day stop you...bring a rain pancho & umbrella and enjoy the town! Some of our best days in Coz have been the fun/random/spontaneous things we did due to the rain preventing us from going to the beach.

#9 Free Richard

Free Richard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:25 PM

Jen,

Post the pictures of rafting in front of Chedraui during a big rain storm. I have seen them but wasnt there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users