• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

I always post on here bc you guys always know what resorts have gone downhill or changed owners and don't know what they are doing. We've been there 6 or 7 times, usually come every year, we didn't make it this past year bc our house burnt down at Christmas. So that being said we are ready to plan a trip back. 'Im in school so it will be middle of May. We do all inclusive bc we like to lay around the pool and drink, we also like the southern part bc we do dive every once in a while. Any resort reports? We stayed at Secrets last time and loved it. Looking at cheaper options (it seems to be really high for some reason). Any advice is welcomed!!!!

I've been looking on tripadvisor too.

Thanks!!

#2 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

I never do AI on Cozumel because there are far too many restaurants that I'd miss dearly. But let me suggest that you check out the Cozumel forum on Scuba Board as well. Personally, I don't trust TripAdvisor recommendation, but I do trust the reviewers here and on Scuba Board. Also, don't dismiss out of hand the North Hotel Zone - while it is less convenient for diving, with longer boat rides to the Marine Park (and higher costs, to reflect the higher fuel costs of making those long boat trips), there are a few Dive Ops that pick up up there, including Aldora (whose boats pick up at Villa Aldora), it also is quieter, with nice beaches, and closer to town if you do want to take a break from AI fare and eat out at a nice restaurant.

#3 obispo

obispo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:almost anything

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

I agree with DJDiverDan.  However, if you're staying for only a short time (a week or less) the AI eliminates having to make any decisions.  They're pretty much made for you, other than when to get up, when to eat, and when to go back to bed.  You can't get any easier.  But, if you're staying for more than a week (I use a week because my experience is that the AI's generally repeat their menus weekly), you should really get out to the many fantastic restaurants, both large and small.

obispo

#4 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

well we dont eat at the hotel, unless were too tired to go anywhere. we always eat in town. we just like to be able to get drinks for free at the hotel. we drink alot. :)

i am on scuba board too. i like to get a all around idea from folks.

#5 sherrintxs

sherrintxs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

Before we found the condo we have been renting each time, we stayed at 2 AI...and out of the two, I really liked Iberostar.  Just really liked the environment and the staff was great.  We haven't stayed there in 4 yrs though.  I just smile each time we pass it while we are down there.

#6 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

well we dont eat at the hotel, unless were too tired to go anywhere. we always eat in town. we just like to be able to get drinks for free at the hotel. we drink alot. :)

i am on scuba board too. i like to get a all around idea from folks.

I have some friends that stay at the Allegro and really like it there.

Cindy

#7 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:49 AM

Well we decided on the InterContinental Presidente. For something new. I always order a map and you guys have always told me where to order it from, what site is it again that I need to order my Cozumel map from? 

#8 dawnb

dawnb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 589 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, cooking, gardening, jewelry making, reading

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:28 AM

Mapchick Cozumel.

#9 ccannon707

ccannon707

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

http://www.cancunmap.com/

Click on Cozumel. Great maps!

...Christine

I drink to forget, but I eat to remember.... so it all balances out

.· `·. ><((((º> .· `·. <º))))>< ,·. ..· `·. .· `·. <º))))>< .· `·.

#10 BamaGram

BamaGram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:06 AM

thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users