• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

I will be coming to Cozumel in February. My passport expires in July. Am I required to have a new passport when I go in February since I will not have 6 months left on my current passport?

Cindy

#2 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

This isn't so much a legal requirement as an administrative requirement of some airlines and an inconsistently-enforced immigration guideline.

If you have the opportunity to renew yours, doing so would absolutely avoid any problems, and you should have plenty of time to do so before then. 

#3 cdlu

cdlu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 12:48 PM

This isn't so much a legal requirement as an administrative requirement of some airlines and an inconsistently-enforced immigration guideline.

If you have the opportunity to renew yours, doing so would absolutely avoid any problems, and you should have plenty of time to do so before then. 

I think I will go ahead and renew mine even though I read where Canada and Mexico do not enforce the 6 month valid passport requirement. 

Cindy

#4 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

As I am flying in on Nov. 21st, I had the same question for my WestJet agent since my passport expires next August.  She indicated that it was no longer being enforced, so long as your passport is good for as long as you were going to be in Mexico.  I still would get a new one since you have plenty of time, and it will be good for 10 years this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users