4 replies to this topic

#1 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

I've received an email from a group staying at El Cozumeleno asking for where they can find an article that they believe was published this week in the local papers.  It is in regards to  e. coli  at the resort and they are hoping to get a line on this local article in the hopes of using the info to get a refund.  Anyone seen this article?  If so I'll send the info to this fellow.

#2 obispo

obispo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:almost anything

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:21 AM

Carey:
I have not seen any articles about e coli, but might that be something reported to the secretary of
health at the Ayuntamiento? I tried to look for on the Ayuntamieno web page, but the only link I could
find just gave the telephone number of the secretary of health. It would not surprise me if these
types of things would be covered up (bad for tourism).

obispo

#3 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Are you sure they didn't see the newspaper article about the current E-coli outbreak in the Chipotles restaurant chain in the US?  Looks like that one is documented.

I think it is unfair to repeat a rumor that there is an E-coli outbreak at a hotel on Cozumel and then to suggest it is being covered up when no one can find any mention of it in the newspapers.  Just saying.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:21 AM

Apparently there was an outbreak in March of 2015.  I googled this when I received the email from someone purporting to be a current guest and representing his group of travellers.  The guest seemed to think that there had been a mention of it in one of the local papers earlier in the week and was hoping to get a copy of this.  Obviously, I cannot verify the truth of the email but it sounded sincere enough to try and give him a little help.  The March outbreak was reported by a fair number of tourists on trip advisor who write pretty convincingly about their experience.

#5 mslf500

mslf500

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Snow boarding, Diving, Spearfishing, Driving Formula Cars really fast, Mountain biking.

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

It was on Trip Advisor in the reviews and forum. Sounds like they are dealing with a noro-virus type issue.  Lots of recent complaints and issues being brought up.

www.CozumelCondominium.com
Nah Ha 602

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users