• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Willie01

Willie01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

When I walk out of the airport in Cancun which way do I go to find a bus that can take me to the ferry pier in Playa? Any help would be welcomed. I have always flown directly into Cozumel so this is a first for me.

#2 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:39 PM

When you go out the glass doors of the airport, the airport buses pick up just a bit to your right about 1/3 block ahead of you.  If you stand in the entrance and look out and up to the right, you'll see the covered area where people wait and there may already be a bus waiting there. At about 2 o'clock in other words There will be reps outside that will sell you a ticket and show you where to stow  your luggage.

Sometimes a bus is loading, sometimes you'll have a bit of a wait.

Trip down the coast takes about 50 minutes.

Once you get to the Playa bus station, cut catty corner through the plaza you'll see just to your right outside the bus station doors and when you can see the ocean, keep going to your right and that's where the ferry ticket windows are.

If you have a lot of luggage, it's worth paying one of the tricyclo guys that hang around outside the bus station.  They will take your bags down to the pier while you follow along behind and then buy your ticket.  Then they will take your bags all the way out to the end of the pier for you where the sailors will load them on board when the time is right.  This is a nice service as it leaves you free from having to lug your bags around while you wait for the ferry to be ready to load.

#3 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:17 PM

It depends which terminal. For both you turn right, but for one it's considerably closer than the other. ADO has ticket booths inside the arrivals area at each terminal, so you can just ask the desk agent to point you in the right direction.

#4 Willie01

Willie01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:13 PM

Thank you for the tips. I was thinking about taking Maya air but looking at their schedule I would have to wait awhile. Of course Im flying Spirit Airlines which have never been on time any where so I guess it just depends on when I actually get there as to which way I get to Cozumel. One way or another I will make it. Might end up swimming. Which way does the current flow this time of year?

#5 DJDiverDan

DJDiverDan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, economics, Politics, Libertarian. And eating great food (usually to excess!)

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

Might end up swimming. Which way does the current flow this time of year?

Current always runs from south to north, turning east some distance north of the Yucatan. If you try to swim, better hope that you can catch Isla Mujeres. Otherwise, your next stop is probably Cuba.

#6 Willie01

Willie01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

I would prefer Isla Mujeres. Its a lot closer.

#7 Willie01

Willie01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

Took the bus and the ferry.  There and back. Everything worked out perfect. It was the first time I had done this so I was a little apprehensive about it. Very easy to do. Especially with all the tips from this web site. Thank you all!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users