Up To Date Info

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:50 AM

Does anyone have an updated list with emergency phone numbers and that sort of thing?  Lawyers, hospitals, doctors, dentists.......  I used to have a good one, but it is way out of date.

#2 burlygirl

burlygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:My kids and all they do. Reading. Researching vacations. Wine. I'm also crafty!

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

I would also be interested in that list.... :P

#3 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:48 AM

Anyone?  I need in 5 weeks  LOL!

#4 KAC

KAC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

Download Cozumel Survival Manual by Ric Hajovsky. He updates it yearly and it has invaluable information and a twist of humour.

http://www.everythin...val-Manual.html

#5 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:08 AM

Ric is THE go to guy for info!

Buy his other book too.  It is cool!  http://www.amazon.co...?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#6 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:49 AM

Thank you, but unfortunately it does not look updated.

#7 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 22 April 2016 - 07:36 PM

Download Cozumel Survival Manual by Ric Hajovsky. He updates it yearly and it has invaluable information and a twist of humour.

http://www.everythin...val-Manual.html

I'd buy an update every year, but are you sure about that? The publication date is still listed as 2012, when I bought my current copy.

#8 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 11:44 AM

Good pint Mark.  I just sent them an e-mail asking that question.

#9 MarkC

MarkC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 12:47 PM

Anyone?  I need in 5 weeks  LOL!

When is your trip? Mines May 6th-13th!

“Corona con lima, Corona with lime... Todo el tiempo, hey all of the time... Con mucho gusto, I’m havin such a good time... Corona con lima, Corona with lime...”

#10 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

The Cozumel Survival Manual is updated yearly.  The last update was at the end of December 2015, just before the last edition was published in January, 2016.  The 2012 publishing date is something that sticks with the title on Amazon and they do not change it for every new edition.  If you "open" the book on Amazon and peek inside, you will see the 2016 date.

#11 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:14 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess I will need to plan to purchase an update every year.

#12 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:18 AM

I got that email yesterday from the author and promptly ordered it with Amazon Prime and will have it tomorrow.  Book review to follow :)

Mark - we go May 14.  Can't wait of course!

#13 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:27 PM

El Graduado...Pleasure to meet you and your wife at Senor Iguanas. I am back now and depressed with no shrimp cocktails and cold Dos Equis. Maybe run into you again next year.

#14 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Nice to meet you as well, Steve. 

The last norte of the season rolled in last night.  That was the second one since we talked.  I should have been a weatherman!!

#15 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:27 PM

The Cozumel Survival Manual is updated yearly.  The last update was at the end of December 2015, just before the last edition was published in January, 2016.  The 2012 publishing date is something that sticks with the title on Amazon and they do not change it for every new edition.  If you "open" the book on Amazon and peek inside, you will see the 2016 date.

I went to Amazon to repurchase the Kindle version (due to an eye condition it's much easier for me to read ebooks with a backlight than print books), but Amazon insists I've already bought it. I can't find an obvious way to buy an updated copy. If I delete the local copy on my device then redownload it, the newly-downloaded version says is the 2012 version.

#16 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

send him an email - he was responsive to mine.  I bet he has a work around....

#17 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

I don't know why Amazon won't let you buy the newest edition of the book.  It is updated and shows the 2016 date on the interior page (which you can see if you use the "peek inside" feature) but I guess that doesn't help you much.  I will send them an email, and see what they have to say about the situation.

#18 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

I got an email response from Amazon customer service this morning.   It is a rather convoluted message asking me for more information regarding the various editions of the manual (which I promptly provided) and goes on to say that they CAN do something about the problem, but they did not explain exactly HOW they plan on doing it yet.   

Their message read, in part:

Thank you for reaching out to Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing.

I checked your KDP account and can confirm the presence of a book titled "Cozumel Survival Manual", originally published on 04/04/2012. There are two scenarios in this case:

1. If you've updated the same book - ASIN: B007RPRKXQ with new content in 2016, we can push the updated content to customer devices.

2. However, if you've published the new content as a separate submission on Amazon, customers will need to purchase this new book, even though they already possess the older book.

If your inquiry pertains to Scenario 1, we can manually push the updated content to your customer's device.

Because customers may lose their highlights, bookmarks, and notes when they download updates, we can only send out updated content to correct serious readability issues, like overlapping text or cutoff images, typos, formatting errors and missing/wrong content.

Please write back with a few examples (and location numbers) of the corrections made to ASIN B007RPRKXQ.

We look forward to your response.

I am assuming that since I updated the book as a new edition, and did not publish it as a new book with a new title and new ASIN number, they will get back to me with an explanation of how they will “manually push the updated content to your customer's device.” 

I will post the solution as soon as I hear back from them.

#19 El Graduado

El Graduado

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

If you have purchased a Kindle eBook version of the Cozumel Survival Manual in the past, you should have received the following email message from Amazon yesterday:

An updated version of your past Kindle purchase of Cozumel Survival Manual by Ric hajovsky is now available.

The updated version contains the following changes:

• Improved formatting for readability.
  • Significant editorial changes have been made.

You can receive the improved versions of all your books by opting in to receive book updates automatically. You can do this by going to Manage Your Content and Devices and clicking on Automatic Book Update under the Settings tab.

Alternatively, you can get the updated version of this book by going to Manage Your Content and Devices. Find the book under Your Content tab, click on the "Update Available" button next to the book's title, and then follow the update prompts. All your devices that have the eBook currently downloaded will be updated automatically the next time they connect to wireless.

#20 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:52 AM

Confirming that I received that message from Amazon yesterday morning .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users