Planetarium

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Since we are 10 days out I am really starting to fantasize when I should be working....

If it rains we want to go to the planetarium.  Does anyone have a website for them?  Advice?  Opinions?

#2 Eileen

Eileen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:07 PM

I haven't been, but it looks great.

http://www.planetariodecozumel.org/

#3 Steve

Steve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

I had a schedule for them but didn't bring it back with me. They have shows every day sometime around 1:00 and 2:00pm but don't count on my memory. Most shows are in Spanish but still worth going to. They are trying to do more English shows but not sure if they have gotten that far yet. If you can get 25 people together that want to go for an English private showing they will do that for you if you talk to them.We had a private showing while down there and it was great. I think local price was $50 pesos and general admission around $140 pesos. I don't have a web site so you might have to stop by and see. They are located all the way down 65th. around the bend going up to Melgar. Across the street close to Salsa's Gentleman's club

#4 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Interests:Snorkeling, dogs, margaritas, beaches, reading, working out, chilling.

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

Thanks so much Steve and Eileen.

Great idea on the rounding up people Steve, but when i am on vacation that is the last thing I would ever do LOL!  I can listen in spanish :)

#5 pecas

pecas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:48 PM

We've been several times.  In addition to movies, they often offer activities during the evening/night.   Here's their facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/planetariodecozumel/?fref=ts and their website  http://www.planetariodecozumel.org/

#6 TheOptimist

TheOptimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:07 PM

We tried to go in December but it was pretty much closed up. Hate to say it but it was a big disappointment. Bleh !

#7 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:26 AM

Not much to it or ?

#8 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:38 PM

We tried to go in December but it was pretty much closed up. Hate to say it but it was a big disappointment. Bleh !

Huh. We went in December and, as before, liked it a lot. It's a very nice little planetarium.

What do you mean by "pretty much closed up" as opposed to simply "closed"?

Not much to it or ?

Not at all. There's quite a lot to it. It's more than just a great little planetarium with a sweet 3D digital projector. Go to their website to get an idea.

#9 crunch

crunch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

Neat website.  We will definitely go if it rains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users