• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:49 AM

Does anyone know of a place where I can purchase herb plants to grow in pots? I'm looking for basil, rosemary, thyme, chives, etc. Would also be interested in planting a lemon tree. Any information would be appreciated!

#2 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:59 AM

try the garden center just off of 65 on the transverse road. They have had herb plants, and fruit trees.

If that fails, let me know...I have some seeds that I will share for Dill,Oregano,Chives, Sage, Sweet Basil, Basil, Thyme, Tarragon, and Cilantro.

I grown a lot of my own herbs, as well as potatoes, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and pineapple.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

#3 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:13 PM

Wow, thanks for the info! I believe I saw the place you're talking about on our last trip to the other side of the island. If they don't have them though, I would really appreciate the seeds. I'll post what I find at the nursery.

#4 Carey

Carey

Guru

• Members
  • 14,204 posts
  • Interests:reading, singing, movies, family & friends, good food, travel

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

We have two healthy rosemary plants and can share clippings

#5 dos margaritas

dos margaritas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

I would love to get some rosemary clippings. Rosemary is probably the herb I use the most and comes in handy in Cozumel since chicken and pork really seem to be your best bet at the grocery store and rosemary is great with both. I've had good and bad experiences with beef there, but maybe a marinade with rosemary and garlic would help with the cheaper cuts. I won't be back until August, but would love to get a clipping if the offer is still open then. Thanks!

#6 cyana

cyana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:27 AM

i can share plants with you
Plz reply if you need.

#7 3gatitos

3gatitos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

try the garden center just off of 65 on the transverse road. They have had herb plants, and fruit trees.

If that fails, let me know...I have some seeds that I will share for Dill,Oregano,Chives, Sage, Sweet Basil, Basil, Thyme, Tarragon, and Cilantro.

I grown a lot of my own herbs, as well as potatoes, peppers, carrots, tomatoes, and pineapple.

Just wondering if you grow any of your plants in 5 gallon buckets? We do not have much yard, but plenty of roof/terrace space, so thought I would try the buckets.

#8 Coz2wonder

Coz2wonder

Guru

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:04 PM

the only time I use buckets is when I grown things upside down. Otherwise, no buckets.

I use split bamboo that I find on the east side to grow my herbs in. Just drill some holes for drainage, add dirt, and plant seeds, or plants. You can prop the bamboo with some small blocks or rocks to keep it stable.

Plastic pots you can buy at places like Mega but they will only last maybe a year if they are exposed to the sun.

Any pot that is dark in color will heat the soil, and may burn the roots...so you might consider painting the container white.

Chedrui's did have some medal framed planters (square and hanging) with a fiber type liner. Those would work well.

I prefer wooden oblong planters, but they have to be made.

The most important thing in life is not knowing everything, it's having the phone number of somebody who does!

Anonymous

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users