• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

Hi. Looking for a charcoal grill for the house. Can anyone suggest where? Looked at the usual suspects - Sam's, Chedraui, Mega and not much there. Thanks

Jay

#2 DebB

DebB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:11 AM

I have a neighbor's Weber, which he has asked me to sell and I have not had time to deal with it.

Includes rolling cart, accessories, cover. Make an offer if you are interested. Correo dbollag at sssnetwork punto com

#3 TBenton

TBenton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Diving, cooking and relaxing.

Posted 12 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

I too have been looking for a grill. I want a smoker though. The only one I've found so far is at Sam's but am still looking. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#4 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:42 AM

I was about to offer, then I see Deb is already on selling it for me!!  :)

It is supposedly the really nice weber charcoal.  You can attach one of the camp sized propane bottle i think to it to get all the charcoal burning as sort of a quick light without fluid or anything.  Then cut the gas and you are ready to go right away.

I never used it and didn't have room on the patio, but the people I bought the place from didn't buy anything cheap! 

And if you buy it, I can feel less guilty about not yet getting it out of Deb's garage!  :)

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#5 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:46 PM

I was about to offer, then I see Deb is already on selling it for me!!   :)

It is supposedly the really nice weber charcoal.  You can attach one of the camp sized propane bottle i think to it to get all the charcoal burning as sort of a quick light without fluid or anything.  Then cut the gas and you are ready to go right away.

I never used it and didn't have room on the patio, but the people I bought the place from didn't buy anything cheap! 

And if you buy it, I can feel less guilty about not yet getting it out of Deb's garage!   :)

thanks - connecting with Deb to go see it in am

Jay

#6 cvchief

cvchief

Professional Amateur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  • Location:Pennsylvania mostly, though Coz as much as possible

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:47 AM

Lemme know when you use it, if it is as cool as it is supposed to be? People tell me the stove in my place works well too, I just never had occasion to try it.  :P

El Jefe

Wishing I was retiring to Cozumel.....

Casa De Jefe

#7 mstevens

mstevens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Interests:Diving, Ducatis, Dorkdom

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Yeah. My brother just told my mom that he wants to do some cooking at the casa in a few weeks "but Mark doesn't like to get the kitchen dirty". That's partially true. I don't mind at all if OTHER people get it dirty. I just don't want to be the one doing it. I love to cook, but in Cozumel every meal I cook seems like a missed opportunity to go to one restaurant or another. My grill there is a tiny, sad, inadequate affair but that doesn't matter because all I've ever grilled on it is the huge stack of paperwork I'd taken for my residency application. It does make a pretty good "shredder".

#8 Jay

Jay

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:11 PM

Lemme know when you use it, if it is as cool as it is supposed to be? People tell me the stove in my place works well too, I just never had occasion to try it.  :P

yeah - kitchens are over-rated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users